[Vol. 2] Chapter 42

Shocked was an understatement when we found out Prince Takashi knew Arashi. I was shocked but not as much as brother Hachiko because Prince Takashi and he were friends.

He asked what I wanted to ask as well, "Pardon me for asking, do you know each other?"

"Something like that." Arashi said as he leisurely sipped on the tea pot and Prince Takashi gave a nervous chuckle.

"Ah! Well, what can I say? Brother Arashi was the one who saved me when I was in the war." Prince Takashi said and we both looked at Arashi who wasn't even looking at any of us because something in the crowd caught his attention. Did he say 'brother Arashi'?!

"He served in the war as well?" Brother Hachiko asked in a shocked voice-but he didn't ask why he was calling him 'brother Arashi'-and now it seemed like the view he had of Arashi upgraded to something superior.

Everyone would respect those who had served in the war. Because Kosaki had suffered a massive loss of life. A large number of people died and those who survived, fought till they bleed. Was this why people know Arashi? How many 'brothers' did he have in real life anyways?

That means he is a samurai. My mind said to me as my eyes went round. The reason cleared why he had a sword with him. My chest puffed with pride and happiness as now I knew he served in the war. But why hadn't he said anything to me up until now?

Prince Takashi nodded. "He did serve and I was only a twelve years old boy at that time." A little blush crept on his cheeks as he said, "I had little knowledge and I had to go fight alongside my brothers and father. So, he saved me when I was about to get abducted."

Brother Takashi nodded enthusiastically as he looked at Arashi with stars appearing in them but someone from the crowd came toward us. He was an old man with a scar on his left eye. Although his left eye was still attached, the scar looked very deep. Must be a war crown.

His sharp eyes were on Arashi as he reached us. He looked at him for a moment as Arashi returned the same gesture while all three of us looked between them. Who was he?

My questions was answered as Brother Hachiko said, "Mr Amane, meet Mr Arashi-"

"-Yuan. I know him." He finished his sentence but his face said he was very displeased to see him and his old eyes were narrowed down to the slits as if he was scowling. "I will never forget this man."

"Oh!" Brother Hachiko was puzzled as his curious eyes looked between the men.

Mr Amane asked, "Pray, tell me, why are you here?"

"Just for some important work." Arashi said, not averting his eyes from the old man and it seemed Arashi's eyes had darkened as well. We could feel the tension between them and it felt like a menacing aura emanating from both of the men.

He growled, "What could an enem-"

"Well, that would be classified work which I can't really disclose here in the crowd of people, can I?" Arashi said, cutting off Mr Amane's words as his eyes then moved toward me.

"And who is this young lady attached to you?" He asked as my cheeks got colors. I wasn't really attached to him at all. I was just standing beside him. Well, a little too close but...

I stepped to my side slowly, careful they wouldn't notice.

"This is my cousin sister and Mr Yuan's wife, Mrs Bianka Yuan." Brother Hachiko answered as Mr Amane looked between me and Arashi with a gap in his mouth.

"You-why'd you marry her?" He asked so bluntly which offended me and brother Hachiko. I may have been an illegitimate daughter and someone with no particular status or favor but I was still a part of the Inoue family name. If someone disrespected me other than my own family members, that would mean they were disrespecting the whole Inoue family.

Prince Takashi seemed shocked as well but I didn't get the reason. Was they acting like this because I was the concubine's daughter and was married to a great warrior or was it because Arashi should have married someone with a lower status woman?

Either way I was offended and so was my cousin brother. It seemed for this one particular reason we both agreed.

Mr Amane must have realized that he said something outrageous and he added immediately, "Oh! I didn't mean to be disrespectful to the Inoue clan. I meant him."

Arashi said with a cold voice, irritation visible in it, "Either way, Mr Amane, I think you are going into so many conclusions and are being very rude to my dear brother-in-law and to my wife. For your kind information, I can assure you I am not here for any ill reason and they certainly have no involvement in this."

Mr Amane didn't seem to buy it as his suspicious eyes still stayed on him. "And you think, I would believe that?"

The corners of Arashi's lips curled up. "And why would you think I would persuade you, Mr Amane, to believe me?"

The man's brows twitched but Arashi didn't let the smirk fall as all three pairs of our eyes moved between them frantically. Did they have any rivalry or maybe they didn't like each other? Could it be some old grudge? I wanted to ask Arashi everything but I knew this wasn't a good time to ask.

Believing the situation might turn into a disaster as Mr Amane was a powerful man and also the bride's uncle, brother Hachiko said, "Ah! Well, the time has come, gentlemen. My bride will be arriving in a moment.."

Prince Takashi said, agreeing with him or probably to avoid any commotion, "Yes, let us enjoy this moment. And brother Arashi, let me accompany you for this event."

He said and took Arashi away immediately as if he wanted to avoid making someone angry. Was it Mr Amane?

Or...

I thought for a moment as my mind replayed the events when Arashi defended himself against Yamaguchi clan's members.

No. Arashi wasn't even that powerful... He might know some sword play but he was just an ordinary physician or maybe a retired samurai.

As Arashi, Prince Takashi and brother Hachiko left, Mr Amane's eyes were still on the men until they vanished into the crowd and said, "That man is still the same."

I tilted my head at him and I couldn't help but ask, "Do you have any bad memories with him? Or maybe a grudge?" I added immediately, "Sorry for asking this all of a sudden Mr Amane..."

He looked down at me as he raised his eyebrows, "Well, if you say getting this scar is a bad memory he could give you then yes, it was a bad memory but no, I don't have any grudge against him." A gasp escaped my mouth as my eyes once again washed over the deep scar he had. Did Arashi do that? Why would Arashi do that?

He added, "Well, you could say, I hate his guts but other than this, you are in good hands, princess."

And he left, making me more confused than ever.

-----
10th June, 2022
1240
-----

Author's Note:

Hey, how are you?

My cold is not good at all and my eye surgery is coming up as well. I am a bit scared to be honest. *cries in fear*

I am taking those drops for now let's see...

And, some of you might have read the previous version of this book where things were a little faster than this. Sorry in advance for the slow burn but I needed to add extra scenes because I hadn't shown Arashi's powers at all. And I wanted to show it before his secrets are revealed before Bianka.

But thank you for continuing this book even after I had lost motivation in the middle and I left the book for a year or two? 👀 *I forgot*

Anyways, I have written some advance chapters, in case I undergo the surgery. Around 15 and I am still writing.

For 2-3days I won't be able to update because Idk maybe I wouldn't be allowed to touch phone? Do they even do that? I have no idea!!!

The rest of the days I would be uploading from the written chapters.

C'ya!!!

Mitch/Michelle