[Vol. 3] Chapter 54

It took quite a while for Arashi to calm down and when he did he took a moment to gather his thoughts. He said, "It all started long before the war."

I looked at him and wondered what he meant by that. Long before the war? How long?

"I had been training under Lord An Hao in the Himalayas. My father, who was a crown prince at that time and would have been the next emperor, sent me with his trusted man, Hiroto and his son, Hiroshi."

He pointed outside and said, "The man who was standing beside me was Hiroshi. He now serves me."

I nodded. No wonder he looked so confident when they stood side by side as if they were brothers.

He thought for a moment and said, "To know everything, you first have to know our history and all of our origin."

I asked, "Does this have anything to do with the last war or the situation we are currently in?"

He nodded. "Yes, but you wouldn't understand unless you know our history: The Wansai and its rulers' History and you will know how the village, Godoyama, is connected to it."

I nodded. I had a bad feeling about it and I felt an unusual feeling stirring inside my belly. My instinct was howling as if telling me what I was about to hear could be confidential information. Which a normal woman such as myself, shouldn't know. However, I was curious and more than that I wanted to know why Arashi was leading this unusual army? The Kuro soldiers. They seemed unusually strong and perfect.

"At first, there were only two kingdoms. Ryuukai and Yozogaya. Both were strong in their culture and power. But they were greedy for more thus both of the nations always got into wars and disputes."

"That way a lot of people died and no matter how many citizens had to sacrifice their lives, the wars kept going. It continued for more than ten to twenty years until some people got fed up with their rulers." He added, "Then the Ryuukai Prince came into power but he didn't want the wars to keep happening so he offered a peace settlement for both of the kingdoms. However, some people weren't happy with it and they kept doing bad deeds under the shadows. Such as: slaughtering, raping and capturing so the Ryuukai Prince and the Yozogawa Empress decided to throw away each and everyone who only wanted fight and these unstoppable cruelty on innocent people."

"So, they threw them?" I asked. Well, if I were them, I would have done the same. They were harming people for their blood lust and it was cruel.

Arashi nodded. "Both of them threw them away from their kingdoms but they were a large number of people. They went rebellious and soon took one side of both kingdoms. Which they ruled later. It was called Koshiyama." Arashi looked at me and said, "Now it is called Kosaki."

I looked at him with wide eyes. Kosaki was formed with both Wansai and Yokoto people? But the cruel of them all used to rule! I had never heard of it since all of us were taught Kosaki was an ancient kingdom and it had been here for more than a hundred years. "Then Ryuukai and Yokozawa are-"

Arashi finished my sentence. "Wansai and Yokoto."

"But what does this have to do with Godoyama?" I still didn't get it.

"Godoyama was in Koshiyama but the people were too into rebels and bad deeds. Even if they captured a large area they didn't stop. They started to attack both sides of the two other kingdoms and started to loot, sometimes even capturing people for slaves or slave trading. They started a whole racket of this and killed many. Godoyama was their capital for doing wrong deeds."

He looked at me and said, "I didn't lie to you when I said the mountains had so many dead bodies in its womb. From children to olders, men to women, if you dig deeper, you will find thousands of their bodies still sleeping and crying to be free."