[Vol. 7] Chapter 166

We reached at the venue of the wedding. It was already crowded with people outside of the barrier. But they stood both sides, making a way for our carriage to move forward on a red carpet.

The barrier was surrounded with soldiers of emperors so the people couldn't go inside. People were trying to sneak a glance at my face or they would whisper about their excitement.

I was sitting inside and the curtains of the carriage were hiding me from their glances. Kora and Calla were with me as well as Hana and Hiroshi. In a normal occurance, Kora and Calla wouldn't be with me but they were equipped with water andy food. I was getting hungry and sleepy as I slept all through the journey of going to my groom.

Hiroshi woke me up only when we entered the barriers of the holy place where the marriage would take.

I yawned. "Did we reach?"

"Yes and it is time for you to join Prince Rian." Hiroshi said as I straightened my back and suddenly I felt a cram on my left foot. As I went to soothe my pain there, I got a back strain. "Ow! Ow!"

I moaned as all of them looked at me with wide eyes. "Wha—what happened?"

"My back and my foot is hurting..." I said.

Kora and Calla looked at each other and Hiroshi's thoughts ran on his head as his eyes stayed on me for a while. He asked, "Do you think, you can climb a hundred steps?"

I looked at him with even more wider eyes. "A hundred steps!"

They all nodded.

I asked, panicking, "So, was I supposed to climb a hundred steps here before I could join my groom?"

Hiroshi said, "No, Prince Rian and you will walk the steps together until you reach the holy tree."

My feet were hurting so much that I couldn't even move them. How was I supposed to walk now?! Sweat covered my forehead as a thick duvet of silence fell on us.

We were prepared for my nausea, my cravings, my overly sleepy-ness. They even arranged rooms not far from here so I could go to do some private business time to time. Everything was set but we forgot my soreness and cramps that I was getting on a whim.

Hiroshi said, "Don't worry. Stay here. I will just go there and will think of something."

"Go where?" I asked but as soon as he said his words, he left the carriage while it was still moving.

I looked at my maids as they proposed, "Your Highness, shall we massage your back and feet so it may release the tension while we reach there."

I nodded because I had no choice.

Firstly, everyone would be disappointed and rumours would start to spread about how I was limping all the way to climbing the steps and secondly, they would learn that I was pregnant. It would be scandalous.

The both started to give me a massage and although it felt really amazing the pair hadn't went away fully.

I knew it wasn't easy to climb the steps with this condition and moreover why the heck did they chose stairs for the rituals?!

I asked my maids about the other rituals since Hana didn't know about it either. 

"Why they choose stairs?!"

"That's the old rituals of Wansai royal family. More like it is the tradition marriage but our Prince had opposed it. However, the emperor wanted Prince Rian to have it since everyone before him had married their brides the same way."

I nodded. But still why the hundred steps...

And then I recalled Arashi and I had already climbed the hundred steps in Godoyama when we were visiting the shrine of Hina and her grandfather.