[Vol. 2] Chapter 47

We took a carriage to reach the capital of Kosaki.

The whole city was so much crowded because of the festival. People were finding spots as Arashi and I came down from our carriages. Families, couples, children all were scattered all over the place in new clothes. Females were adorned in accessories and paints on their faces while men wore their traditional dresses.

"I don't think we will be able to find a spot." Arashi said. 

I agreed. My eyes moved to the area where cherry tress stood in their full blossoms, but no empty places were available. The shops, even the whole street was crowded. The blossoms looked lovely as the pink, red petals scattered around. It would have been great to find a spot under a cherry tree. 

Arashi took my hand so I wouldn't get lost and we went into the crowd. It felt like we weren't even walking, the crowd was leading us. 

After sometime, when we couldn't find any spot, we stood beside a shop. Every remaining spot was occupied. 

We both sighed in defeat.

"Let's go to the Kosaki Shrine then." Arashi suggested and I nodded. At least, we could visit the shrine. 

He led me toward the large shrine gates that stood in the crowd. The stairs went up to the shrine as we climbed up. Many couples were visiting the shrine as well. Hands in hands, we reached the shrine finally and I huffed, sweat sticking my yukata. I felt exhausted already because of the warm temperature. The place was too crowded for my liking and I felt suffocated. 

"Are you alright?" Arashi asked, looking at me and I was surprised to find him perfectly alright. How did he even manage to stay like this?

I nodded. "I had never seen that many people."

"Festivals are always like these. People would gather from all over Kosaki, even from the other countries." 

"I think, I don't want to come again." 

He chuckled. "Let's pray then I will find you a spot."

"How will you even find a spot?" I looked down at the place from the shrine. It was impossible. 

We entered and after purifying our hands, we prayed. I recalled the Kosaki temple was for fertility and healthy children and my face shifted in color. I closed my eyes and prayed.

After we prayed, we came down and Arashi led me toward a roadhouse inn. We needed to rest a bit, especially after hours of searching for a good spot. 

We entered the inn as a man came out from behind a door near the counter. Arashi was talking with him as my eyes moved everywhere. The women were wearing bright color yukatas, and some even wore modern skirts and shirts. It seemed like Kosaki city was a bit advanced. There weren't a lot of carriages; instead, new kinds of vehicles waited in line outside of each inn. 

"Let's go." Arashi said and led us toward our room. "Most of the inns are full. They had one spare room for staff but they are willing to give us one for a day."

"Oh! Then we will have to find another inn, tomorrow?" Just thinking of finding another room felt exhausting.

"Yes. On festive occasions, it is not easy to find any rooms." Arashi informed.

We reached our room and I was beyond exhausted even to move. I flopped on the bed as Arashi asked, "Didn't you want to see the festival?"

"There are too many people. It is suffocating." 

Arashi smiled and nodded. "Alright. Take a rest while I go find the spot."

I sat up quickly. "No. You don't have to."