[Vol. 4.5] Chapter 104

Flora never came to my room after that and it had been a week, Akio was staying in Kohoshi since she had hurt her back and ankles.

Daichi had assigned two different maids for me and I didn't talk to them because I was afraid they might do the same thing as well. They might betray me too...

I was really sad that Flora had done that with me. I had been so close to her that it hurt.

Now, I felt too lonely. Daichi would rarely come and Flora wasn't there. The two maids came, I didn't talk to them and the whole day, I would only look outside of the window.

But one day, Flora came. It was around midnight when I heard someone knocking at my door with a low noise. I wasn't a heavy sleeper so the person knew I would respond.

That meant, it was Flora.

I opened the door and saw it was indeed Flora.

I looked at her with offended eyes as she looked down and entered, making no noise.

As she entered, I closed the door. She immediately bowed down before me and cried, "Please, Princess Rose, forgive me for telling lies about you. I-I didn't want to do that..."

I asked, "Then why did you do that? What will you gain by making me the villain here, Flora?"

She shook her head, "It wasn't me. It was princess Akio who threatened me."

I asked her with a concerned voice, "What did she threatened you with?"

"She threatened to kill my husband and my daughter." She started to cry. "She told me that after the act, I had to leave with my husband but after the act, they sent men to kill us."

She fumed as she cried. Tears after tears started to spill as she said, "My husband died protecting me and he said that no matter what I shouldn't lie about you since your father had always protected us. Gave us food and shelter."

I gave her water and said, "It is okay. I knew something must have happened which was why you did that."

"B-but..." Tears started to accumulate on her eyes as she said, "They took my daughter... What do I do, Princess Rose? Please help me! I have no one!"

She bowed down before me againl and cried, "I lost my husband, will I have to lose my child as well?"

I felt so bad for her that my heart broke. I had no idea Princess Akio was like that. Why was she aiming at me?

If she wanted Daichi, she should know that Daichi already loved her. There was no point fighting over a man when he was already in love with her. I loved Daichi too but I wouldn't harm others because of my love, especially my people. My father even hated to pressure the maids or anyone to make them do any kind of bad deeds.

"Don't cry, Flora. I will definitely do something about it, okay?" I said and smiled at her.

She nodded and I decided that she should stay inside my chamber since it was safe that way. If anyone came to harm her, I would call the knights.

We fell asleep that night however, as the next day arrived, trouble arrived faster.

The doors of my room was barged open. I saw Daichi had come along with Akio and her mother, Aikawa. There was three maids behind them but no knights or anything.

I was a bit startled by it as I looked at Daichi with puzzled eyes. "What happened?"

"You...!" Daichi growled, "You killed my father!"

The former Prince! He was a great person and he liked me a lot. We even played shogi time to time. My heart sank as I asked, "What happened to him?"

Veins popped on his forehead as he growled angrily, "What happened...?!"