[Vol. 7.5] Chapter 184

Shinigami was a small assassination group which resided under the forest of Wansai, hiding away from everyone's reach. At that time, it was a small assassination group and they lived like normal villagers in the forest. Even if people find out their whereabouts, they would never doubt they were all assassins.

War, disputes among clans, civil fights, extortions, unfair justice, classification evrything made this group.

The people who weren't part of the superior part of the society, they still had some part in lower class society but those who had nowhere else to go, were all welcomed by Shinigami. The people in this group were driven by hatred and anger so it was easier to direct them to any kind of shady businesses...even if it wasn't related to them.

14 years ago, the group had only a few contacts throughout Wansai but for 14 years, they spread their roots to everywhere. From brothels to shops, merchants to royals, they had all sorts of links and did the hardest and impossible assassinations if given a good amount. It could be said they were like the Toushi clan but Toushi clan had their morals, but Shinigami didn't.

While Toushi clan didn't entangled themselves in any kinds of political things, Shinigami had always entangled themselves. Not directly but indirectly.

And Yukina was a part of this group at that time. Because of the unfair society, her mother and she had no choice but to take shelter under Shinigami's doors. When King Masashi had refused to give anything for the pregnant prostitute, she had no choice but to live as an unwanted prostitute in the streets.

No one would help her, no one was there to give her food or shelter. A prostitute lose their values once they bore a child. It takes a tole on their bodies and customers don't find it pleasant. King Masashi had lied to her about giving her a good life.

Yukina had to live in the streets until she was seven. Her mother died of malnutrition and she was about to die as well when one of Shinigami's members found her. She was also a prostitute living as a prostitute and as brothels were the place where nobles gathered, it was easy to assassinate them when they were in weakened state.

Lady Inari. She took in Yukina and took her to the small village where Yukina's training started.

They had their own ethics that was to help their own members and never betray. Betrayal meant death.

Yukina was still young and she wasn't an excellent assassin yet but her master, Shinigami's head, Asahito Ina had given her this mission.

Because Yukina had the perfect opportunity to kill Arashi's father and Arashi since King Masashi of Nishiki had proposed an alliance. And fortunately, Yukina was indeed his illegitimate child.

However, she wasn't allowed to touch her weapons since it could make others suspicious of her. So, the direct link she had with Futama Sameda, who was also one of Shinigami's members. His task was to watch over her and give her needed supplies when she needed it.

As the carriage reached, Yukina wasn't even mesmerized by the palace. She felt suffocated. All she had in her mind was how to kill her targets.

"Welcome, Yukina!" Yukina's eyes followed the voice as she came out of the carriage. And for the first time, she got mesmerized by the woman who called her name with a gentle smile.

She was gawking at her at first because Princess Mizuki looked like a goddess who had come down on Earth from heaven. "I hope the journey wasn't bad..." She smiled and all Yukina could do was to give her a nod.

She had never seen such beautiful lady in her life. Her smile was filled with warmth and her eyes were gentle. She almost felt like she was her mother...