[Vol. 4.5] Chapter 97

It was just like a normal day as I soaked in the sun behind our castle. It was a beautiful garden with many kinds of trees, plants and shrubs. I was reading a book that I took from our library.

"Rose, can you come inside for a moment?" My mother called as I sighed.

I guess it was time...

Time to do the needling. I didn't like it. And it was a waste of time since I wouldn't need it ever.

Despite of my displeasure, I stood up, leaving the book which was unfinished.

I went inside and saw the same healthy lady whom I had been seeing for over a year now. It was the lady trainer my mother has hired for my first appearance in the society. It was the same bland looking gown and an old scarf on her body. I knew she was getting fairly good wages for teaching me all sorts of things an ideal lady needed to know for finding her partner yet she never once tried to make herself fancy at all.

My mother said, "Go with her, Rose... You need to be perfect in your needling."

I nodded. I always obeyed because I knew since my childhood that if you obeyed you get what you want or at least, your wishes would be fulfilled. And even when I loved to know about people and people outside of this kingdom, I wasn't allowed to go outside and meet people. However, my birthday was coming and I knew if I obeyed her, I could at least ask my father to take me to a small outing outside of this country. Or maybe somewhere beautiful.

He went to the East and he would be arriving in a few days. I wanted to go with him because I heard it was a different kingdom with emperors. Wat was it called again?

Sansai? Ranrai? Wansai!

I learnt from his letters that they are very disciplined and they make good food. Their culture was very different and their language was difficult however my father was good at learning languages and I had a sheer interest in learning languages as well but again...

My mother...

She found it unnecessary and that was something what a woman shouldn't do. So, my task was to get a good suitor.

In the next ball, my mother had planned to introduce me with a bunch of suitors. I knew I was at the age already.

I was already 18. Girls around my ages would already be married and get a child. But my father didn't rush for my marriage. Mostly because he was very busy with his works.

My father was a Marquess and he had got a trading opportunity with the Eastern kingdoms.

My mother called, "Rose! Go, now!"

I nodded and went with the lady to our training room. To be honest, we could have hired a lady with more proper dressup and a bit more attentive than she was but she was the best in the town.

She wasn't exactly strict but she didn't really care about what she was teaching. Half of the time, she would just see at a distance and keep quite. I would just sit there and count the wrinkles she was getting day by day.

Why was she so quiet? I didn't ask her.

Suddenly, I heard the horse hoops and knew father had come. A smile formed on my lips as I stood up from my chair. Of course, the lady didn't even complain.

I ran toward the entrance and saw my mother was there already. She glared at me for skipping the class but I was too happy to take her displeasure in consideration.

I was my father's only daughter so he pampered me with everything. He had never scolded me and he gifted me everything I wanted. Whether it was a dress or a book or some ornaments. He never restricted me from knowing different knowledge. He praised me for my interest in that subject. I would talk to him on various things and he had never shown interest to make me appear in the society. Although I knew he had to make me marry otherwise we wouldn't get any heir.

And my mother would always complain him that he spoilt me too much.

Well, she wasn't wrong... If a father pampers you like a Princess, who would want a prince?

Certainly, I had never wanted to marry either but I knew to keep my father's legecy, I needed to marry and I had just accepted that I would get married in a year.

I wouldn't question him since he had done enough for me. I would respect his decision and would marry whoever he chose.

Father came inside as the lady trainer bowed and he dismissed her immediately. She went away.

He asked, "Where's Rose—Oh! You are here..."

It was a bit off since I was standing before him the whole time yet he didn't see me. Had something happened?

I tried to read his face and got concerned as I saw he looked pale and weak.

He was a tall man with a great physique. He was still fit enough to go to a war but we wouldn't want that. However, he looked a little shrunken.

My mother must have sensed it too as she asked, "Dear, is everything alright?"

He nodded as he came near me. He caught my arms and embraced me in a tight hug. I shouldn't be surprised but his hug today sensed a little bit different. What was going on?

Now, my heart was pounding from worry.

I looked up as he looked at me with a serene face but his face said something was wrong. He looked worried and sad.

I asked, "Father, what happened?"

He said, "Rose, you know I love you..."

I nodded.

"I—I apologize for what I had to done..." He said as his face fell and for the first time, I saw a sad face on him. It was hurtful to see him broken and I was angry at whoever did this to him.

My mother got worried and asked, "Dear, y—you are making us worried..."

My father looked down and said, "It was going exactly how I had planned... The trade was going smooth but..."

"But?" My mother asked.

"But they want a reassurance of our alliance..." My father said.

And my mother and I, we bother were confused.

Seeing us confused my father added, "They want my heir to marry one of their princes or princesses..."

And I gasped. My heart pumped in my ears and somehow I felt a little scared to hear his next words.

My mother looked at him with horrified face, "A—and what d—did you do?"

"I had no choice but to agree. So," he looked at me apologetically and said, "You will be leaving in three days, Rose, to marry Prince Daichi."

----
26th November, 22
1164
---

A/n:

Yes, it is the story of Rose and Daichi... I know many of you hate him... Well, can't help.

It will be a little different and can become a bit sensitive for some readers, if you don't like it somewhere, you can stop and continue read the book after Vol 5.

Since it is an extra Vol, I won't take too many chapters and also, it is a part of Bianka and Arashi's story so, they will be here as a side character only in this Vol. Don't worry, I will try to cut this story to approx 5-6 chapters. It may take one or two extra chapters but I won't take much. :)

Alright... I hope you enjoy this side story too... :)