[Vol. 2] Chapter 44

My lips tingle and words wouldn't come out as if they got stuck somewhere in my throat. We may never have had a proper wedding, but it didn't matter as long as Arashi was with me. 

The vows he took made the butterflies in my stomach flutter hard and I was beyond happy. It felt magical how his words were enough for me. I was about to say something, "I—"

"Brother Arashi..." A voice called breaking our moment as we looked at the source and saw Prince Takashi was coming our way. 

I stepped back immediately, my heart thumping loudly and my ears ringing. My breathing increased rapidly as I realized what I was about to say. 

"I have sent the letter to my father. I think, in two days, we might have to go to the palace." He said then his eyes fell on both of us. He must have sensed there was something off about us. "Am I interrupting something?" He asked, raising a brow.

I shook my head frantically as Arashi coughed and said, "No, you are not." 

Arashi turned toward him and said, "Well, then we have to go prepare I suppose. It would take one day to reach us in the capital."

Prince Takashi nodded. "I will be going back today. How about you join me?"

"We can't. We have to go back to Mr Inoue's abode to take our luggages besides, the spring festival is going on in the capital, isn't it?"

Prince Takashi nodded. "Yes."

"I have a plan to visit the festival in the meantime. I think it is a perfect opportunity while we have a day before we meet the emperor," he said thoughtfully.

Prince Takashi's eyes moved between Arashi and me as a smile crawled up on his face and he said in agreement, "Yes. Please do visit it with your wife. And I would suggest you visit the Kosaki Shrine since a lot of couples all over Kosaki go there for blessings to have a child."

My face heated more than it was already burnt. Arashi nodded stiffly. "I see. Then we will visit the shrine too."

I snapped my head to Arashi as Prince Takashi gave a knowing smile and before leaving us, he said, "I would arrange everything before you arrive. Excuse me for leaving."

Arashi nodded and Prince Takashi left and we were once again alone. I pursed my lips and tried to think what could I say now. But my mind failed to work as it became dumb whenever Arashi was near. 

He turned around and said, "I have told everything to Prince Takashi and he said he would help."

I looked up and asked, "Was he the person you have mentioned who would help you?"

He shook his head. "No." He scratched his chin and said, "Well, I had another person I thought could help me but it would have taken a long week from now on. We were fortunate to meet Prince Takashi since he can arrange the meeting in a few days."

I nodded. "Then we should not miss this opportunity."

He smiled, making me rigid again and I recalled I haven't given my vows to him yet. My cheeks heated. I was about to say when people started to come into the hall again. The ending ritual must have been finished already as my sisters and their husbands joined us. 

"Bianka, where were you? You just missed the last ritual." Hayami said, "Let's go have some lunch. I am hungry."

And she dragged me and Chinami away while Arashi stayed with their husbands. 

I saw the bride had changed into another deep red kimono and it looked expensive and beautiful. Apparently, Hayami was right. The bride had to change almost four times and the last two kimonos were presented by Brother Hachiko. Even though she smiled with elegance, she looked exhausted in the heavy dresses and I felt bad for her.