[Vol. 2] Chapter 51

We came downstairs in the roadhouse and Arashi went to give the owner the rest of the money for renting it. He said before going, "Go to the carriage and wait for me. I will be right back."

I nodded as I headed toward the carriage. It was getting dark as the sun had set already. As I came outside I saw the previous soldiers around the vicinity. Did the first prince come to visit the festival as well?

I looked around and saw Prince Hideyoshi was a bit far across the inn. His men and he had surrounded a few people who pointed toward the inn. The prince's eyes moved toward the inn and he spotted almost immediately as I gave him a smile but he didn't return the same smile. Instead his eyes were roundish and soon they turned into an angry glare.

I was a bit taken aback. Should I ignore him because I was a commoner's wife and shouldn't give a smile to our Kosaki Prince? Sometimes I didn't follow the rules at all. 

"Get into the carriage, quickly." Arashi said just behind my ears and made me startled at the same time. I tilted my head at him and was about to tell him about my meeting with the first prince but as I looked at his face, I froze.

His face looked so serious and dangerous at the same time as his eyes glued to before him. I moved his gaze and found he was looking at Prince Hideyoshi. I realized, it wasn't me whom the prince was giving a glare but it was Arashi. Both of them looked at each other with killing intent and I felt the atmosphere around them somehow gave me a chill. 

He ordered, his voice dark and deep, "Get inside the carriage, Bianka." 

I was about to go inside the carriage but saw the prince's soldiers surrounding us immediately. Sweat formed on my palms and forehead. Why were they surrounding us? Did we do something wrong? The pedestrians and all the people around us moved further and were watching the scene unfolding before them.

The prince came and said with gritted teeth, "How dare you come to my kingdom?"

Arashi gave a dark smile and said, "Through the borders."

"You! I will kill you, this time!" He hissed, his eyes resembled fireballs.

"We will see about that, Prince Hideyoshi," Arashi said as his eyes had a dangerous glint. How could he stand so confident and unwavering in this situation? Although it wasn't the first time I was seeing him like this, it still managed to shock me even more.

The prince's soldiers were about to pounce on us and I screamed, holding Arashi tightly while closing my eyes against his arm.

But the swords never came, instead I heard clangs of clashing swords against swords. I opened my eyes and peeked at them and I saw they were fighting among themselves. As they started to fight, the chauffeur of the carriage ran away as well as the people who stood surrounding them.

Then I realized they weren't fighting among themselves but there was another group who was fighting with them. 

They had donned themselves in black attires. From tip to toe, they were covered and their movements were so swift that it was hard to follow through eyes. The swords, knives they were using felt like those were part of them and a question came in my mind. Why were they fighting the prince's soldiers? Were they protecting us? Who were they? And why were they protecting us?

"Bianka..." I heard my name as I looked at Arashi.

"I said, get inside the carriage now!" He growled and I immediately hopped inside the carriage as my heart hammered against my rib cages. I looked outside through the window and saw one of the black attire wearing men came and took the place of the chauffeur. Arashi entered and the carriage moved with speed. What was happening? 

My mind couldn't register anything and Arashi felt different. He wasn't the gentle Arashi I knew him, instead he felt more daunting and dangerous. I wanted to ask him everything but I couldn't even dare as he was giving off a menacing aura. He seemed a bit tense as he stopped moving and had started to think something deeply. 

The carriage moved forward leaving the men behind and I sat holding the wood as it ran fast. 

It took us a few hours to reach Kosaki border and all this while he stayed silent. Deep and deadly silent. He looked at me when we finally crossed the borders and it was already dark outside. 

I asked, my voice breaking with fear, "What was that?"

He opened his mouth then closed again as we heard the horses neighing. We came to an abrupt halt as I jerked off to the front and I was about to hit my head but Arashi caught me. His strong arms wrapped me as I asked in a breathy voice, "What is happening? Why did we stop?"

"I don't know. Let me check." He said and before going out, he added, "Stay here."

I heard the chauffeur who was one of those black-attire-wearing men saying, "We are surrounded."

Arashi's voice bloomed, "But we crossed the border."

"I'm afraid, it is not the Kosaki soldiers."

"Who is it then?"

"The Yamaguchi clan members." As the words left from the man's mouth, my heart thundered inside of my rib cages. 

First, it was Prince Hideyoshi's soldiers and now, it was the Yamaguchi clan members. Could this day get any worse than it already was?

But the peace treaty was formed, I suppose since Arashi said it was done. Then they couldn't do anything or could they?

I recalled Prince Sen saying that the Yamaguchi clan didn't care about anything. If they killed us then even if the treaty was formed, nobody would ever know of this. 

My hands shook and I felt my body go numb as tears drops formed in the corners of my eyes. I wanted to be with Arashi even if we died here. And I came out of the carriage.

Arashi asked, "How much time would it take?"

"Not much. They are on the way."

Arashi stood still unwavering before the clan members and chauffeur—or the black-attire-wearing-man who became a chauffeur out of his choice—stood beside him and somehow he wasn't faltering back either. He seemed like fear wouldn't touch him through his black clothes.

On the other hand, the clan members seemed more dangerous as wicked grins played on their lips. They had surrounded us in a half circle, blocking our path. 

We were only three people and they were over forty or maybe fifty and I didn't know how we could get out of here alive. 

"Mr Yuan, we meet again." One of the clan members said and I recognized him immediately. He was Hayato. The one whom Arashi had cornered in our house. Now the table had turned.

Now, we were cornered. 

My lips quivered. My time with Arashi was so short and I didn't want it to finish like this. It was so unfair. Just when I was thinking everything was fine, it turned out like this.

"You were very clever to get Prince Sen pass through under our nose but you wouldn't go alive from here." He said, his voice hinted at the things he would do to us and I felt my legs going numb.

"Whatever made you think so, Hayato, I'd have to make things clear that I will go out from here alive and through under your nose." Arashi said as his face bore a devilish smile and I was having a hard time recognizing him as my husband. He looked so different. 

Hayato laughed hysterically and said, "As a normal doctor, you amuse me, Mr Yuan."

There was a long silence from Arashi and somehow it felt like it had started to dominate all of us. There was almost no sound as if darkness and silence had formed an alliance together to rob us. The winds didn't blow, the leaves didn't move, even all of our eyes stayed still until we heard something.

"Get prepared to amuse more." Arashi said and within a moment, hundreds of hundreds of men appeared out of the blue just before our eyes, surrounding all of us, including the Yamaguchi clan members. 

And all of them were wearing dark attires as if they were the soldiers of the darkness and my eyes moved to Arashi, who stood there with a devilish smirk playing on his lips as if he was the ruler of them all.

----
20th June, 22
1460