[Vol. 5] Chapter 123

(Third person's POV- omniscient)

There was an unsettled aching in Prince Daichi's heart as he saw Rose departing from him with Princess Bianka.

It had been quiet weeks as he went to his chamber and didn't see Rose.

When Princess Bianka took her away, he thought, Rose would come back to him. Or better, he was thinking of discarding her anyway so it was better if she went away.

But what is it?

Why was he so uneasy all of a sudden?

He hated her and he wanted to throw her out of his castle and from his life so he could be with Akio but all of a sudden, this thought didn't sound well to him.

And Akio was with him at the moment clutched to his left arm yet he wasn't feeling good about it. He should be happy that Akio was giving him her full attention nowadays yet he wasn't yearning for it.

"Brother Daichi... Are you angry at me?" Akio asked, catching his attention and he looked at her.

He asked, "Why do think that?"

She made a sad face and said, "Because you don't seem to be happy to be parted with Princess Rose... And I feel like I'm the third wheel."

Tears brimmed around the corners of Akio as Daichi didn't know what to do... He didn't want to make her sad but how would he sooth her when he was sad himself.

And the funny thing was, he didn't know the reason.

All of his life, he only ever loved Akio. He knew Akio loved his cousin brother, Prince Rian who was always the centre attention of everyone and everything but soon, Akio stopped loving him. She told him she didn't want to be the second wife and cried in front of him. He felt sad too but he couldn't do anything since he couldn't give her the desired position as well. Rose was his first wife...even if he could demote Rose, his heart just wouldn't do it.

Whenever Akio was in pain, he felt pained too but...

Somehow, from these days, he wasn't feeling anything about her...

Which was odd...

All ever he could think about was Rose. She seemed to be capturing his mind as well since he was only seeing Rose in his dreams.

He was a little irritated by it.

Even when he was doing his work, he even asked his maids to give Rose food but then he remembered, she wasn't here with him.

Maybe he was just too accustomed to her...

Yes, that ought to be it.

He disregarded his thoughts of Rose and decided, he would only look at Akio from now on.

He said, "What! No... You know, I hate her..."

Akio smiled and said, "Yes, after what she and her father has done, she shouldn't be living well but it seems sister Bianka is taking quite good care of her..."

Daichi somehow was felt glad that Rose was happy there. He just saw her grinning when she was having a chat with Princess Bianka.

He was still mad about that slap but he didn't want to go fight with his brother.

He knew his elder cousin brother had quite the power and even if he was well equipped with power himself, he could never defeat brother Rian. Well, he didn't want to fight with him anyway.

Daichi's father didn't liked family quarrel for the throne as he had always said him, "Don't look for the throne. Look out for your people, they will give you the throne."