[Vol. 6] Chapter 142

(Third person POV-Omniscient)

[From the day of Lord Gokudo's incident]

Rose struggled to free herself from Prince Daichi's iron grip but it was futile. Princess Akio glared at her but there was something on her face that said she was troubled.

Rose didn't want to go back to Daichi's castle since there was no point. He didn't even need her. He could easily marry Akio then why was he taking her back?

As they came out of the gate of Shinkyo, Daichi pushed Rose into the carriage, harshly.

Akio said in a ringing voice, "Brother Daichi... You shouldn't treat your wife like that. People will talk bad behind your back."

Daichi hissed, "Now, do I now need people to teach me how to handle my wife?"

Akio said, "Th—that... But a wife should know as well how to handle herself..." She looked at Rose and said, "Princess Rose, you shouldn't stay away from your husband otherwise who knows someone else might get your position..."

Rose looked away in anger but her heart thumped in pain because she knew Daichi was planning to make Akio his wife and he would demote her position as well. Soon, she would be a concubine of him and nothing more of than a shell.

She muttered, "Does it concern me anymore?"

Hearing this, Daichi's vein popped out in his forehead as anger rolled off from his skin. Rose flinched away as Daichi said, "Oh... So, it doesn't concern you anymore, does it?"

Rose didn't look at him as he hopped on the carriage and sat beside her, Akio sitting across them. The tension in the atmosphere made Rose suffocated that she wanted to run away but she knew there was no running away from him. She was his wife and he had all the rights to take her back.

Rose's eyes stared out of the carriage as their ride started to walk back to the palace.

However, she found later that it didn't go to the imperial palace instead it reached Daichi's castle.

To Kohoshi.

Rose was reluctant to go back there. She wanted to stay away from all those painful memories. 

And it would be the same as before if Akio stayed there. Akio would say something to him, and Daichi would take action on that. In the end, it was always Rose, who ended up taking in all of his anger.

As they entered the castle, Daichi caught Rose's hand and started to drag her to their room.

Akio was following them but Daichi said, "Akio, go back to your room."

Akio said, "But brother Daichi would bully Rose. I'm scared..."

Daichi glared at her as she flinched away as she said feigning she was scared of him as well. "Okay. If brother Daichi want me to go back then I will go back."

But before leaving, Akio took a glance at Rose with a wicked grin.

Rose knew she had told him something to agitate him otherwise he wouldn't be so angry right now. Her heart hammered against her chest as they entered their chamber and Rose somehow freed her wrist from his grip.

She asked as she brushed the bruise on her wrist where Daichi held a moment ago, "Why are you doing this?"

"Why am I doing this?" Daichi hissed, "You dare to leave this castle on your own."

Rose muttered, "But you don't even need me. You already got my parents' lands. What do you need me for?" She got herself a little courage and said, "Now you don't have any obstacles on your path. You can easily marry Akio like you wanted."