[Vol. 3] Chapter 70

I woke up when Arashi called. It was still dark as I blinked open my eyes and he was still laying down beside me. I was attached to his bare chest and suddenly my cheeks got reddened as I remembered the previous night. 

I looked up at him as he rested his head on one of his hands and said, "You will be late if you don't get up now."

His free hand reached my cheeks and stroked on them with his thumb. I nodded shyly and was about to sit when I felt pain around my bottom part. I yelped. 

It was swelling and numb and a new worry crawled in me. How am I going to work like that?!

I looked at him with worried eyes but found amusement dancing on his face. The corners of his lips were curled up in a smirk and I asked, "Wh—why are you grinning?"

"Nothing..." 

He got up and took my waist. My face heated as he pulled me toward him and snuggled his face on the back of my neck, sniffing and rubbing his face. 

"Arashi...! I have to go, otherwise Grandma Empress will beat me again..." I said weakly.

He groaned. "I am tired of this sneaking thing."

"Yes, me too... But we have to win over her." I said looking at him from over my shoulders. 

He released a sigh and nodded. "She is just being too stubborn now. I have to do something about it."

"But what will you do!" I asked, looking at him with wide eyes. I didn't know what he was thinking. 

"Nothing. I have to talk my way through now it seems."

"No. Let's wait until grandfather emperor wakes up."

"I am afraid that won't help. Grandfather can't go against her." He huffed frustratedly.

"But he is the emperor!"

"Yes, but when it comes to these things, he can't go against her. She becomes too stubborn."

My face fell as I recalled how they didn't let Yukina marry him. It was a fat chance that I would end up like that as well. 

"There is something I wanted to ask you..." I said and looked away as he placed small kisses on my shoulders from behind me.

"Hmm?"

"You won't get angry at me, right?" I asked since it was his past life and I didn't want to ask him something that would wound him. 

"Why? What did you do?" He asked.

"Um... Akio was saying something like...err... Your..." I couldn't say as my heart thumped loudly. 

"You met Akio?" He asked, his voice became cold suddenly.

"No. She came by when I was with Rei." I said and turned to him.

He looked at me for a moment and nodded, "So, is it related to what Akio said?"

I nodded.