[Vol 7.5] Chapter 191

[6 years ago]
(Arashi's age: 21)

Arashi didn't go to the war base as he heard Yukina's carriage would be departing from Wansai.

Was it all true...?

His heart hurt as he rode his horse. Various questions lingered in his mind because he wasn't certain what was happening and why it was happening?

As he reached a little distance further from Wansai, he saw a bridal carriage on the way.

Arashi's heart was pounding harshly as he rode his horse and followed the bridal carriage where Yukina was.

He stopped the carriage and the two soldiers who were with the carriage came to stop Arashi. But as they saw it was their Prince, they immediately halted.

Arashi reached the carriage door and pulled away the curtains.

Yukina certainly had agreed to marry a different suitor as she was sitting inside the carriage.

He asked, rage and betrayal mixing in his voice, "Why? Why did you agree to get married to a different suitor?"

Yukina didn't say anything as she was still looking down.

Arashi asked again, his jaw muscles clenched tightly. "Couldn't you wait a little? For me?"

Yukina's eyes were down as she said, "Because our wedding got cancelled... No... I can't wait now..."

Arashi's face became cold and eyes becoming harsh with the betrayal he got from Yukina. He caught her wrist tightly and yanked her.

Yukina hissed as she came down from the carriage, "Arashi! Let go of me!"

"I will but first answer me... Do you still love me?" He asked, hope still peeking in his eyes.

Yukina didn't say anything as her face was slumped down. She didn't want to look into his eyes...

Arashi yanked her to his chest as tears fell from Yukina's eyes. Arashi knew something was wrong as he asked, "Did the emperor forced you to marry?"

Yukina shook her head.

Yukina wasn't saying anything as Arashi forced her, "Just tell me what the hell has happened! Tell me Yukina!"

Yukina pursed her lips and finally looked up into his eyes. Her eyes had so much pain in them that Arashi's heart clenched. She said while giving a painful smile, "How could I tell you a lie, Arashi? When I love you so much..."

"Th-then why are you marrying another man?" He asked, his eyes softening.

"Because I can't marry you..."

"Why?"

"Will you still marry me if you learnt that the person you love so much was the one who killed your parents?" She asked which made Arashi taken aback.

What was she saying?

Arashi said, "I know you are not like that... And I don't care what you did... Yukina, come with me... I will make sure nobody will touch you or give you pain..."

Yukina only smiled as tears fell from her eyes. "I can't... I can't stay with you because I will only be hurt if I stayed with you..."

Arashi's heart broke as he heard her words... He left her hand because her words hurt him. Was he the reason she was hurt? He had no idea...

Yukina added, "I couldn't save your parents but I will definitely save you..."

Arashi couldn't understand what she was saying as Yukina ran toward the cliff. Arashi's eyes turned wide as she looked at him and said with a painful smile, "Know that I had always loved you and I will always love you... But maybe we weren't meant to be each other's... Not in this life. With this I will finally be able to protect you."