[Vol. 7] Chapter 169

The fist binding ritual was done with everyone participating in it.

Arashi and I were so happy that everyone was enjoying it.

Now the other couples who had joined us have returned to their places while we stood before the priest.

The priest nodded at Arashi and said, "I will be reciting the poems to give both of you the blessings of our goddess."

The marriage rituals were about to end as the priest, Satoshi started to recite the poems in their ancient language while we stood before the tree, our hands tied to each other. Two of his subordinates came with long silk cloth. He took it and folded it while chanting and then placed one side of it on my shoulder and the other side was on Arashi's shoulder.

He said, teasingly, "Make sure the cloth doesn't slip away."

I nodded. "Why?"

He smiled and said, "If it slips that means the marriage won't last long."

Worry wrinkles came on my face as I made sure that it didn't fall. Of course, I knew it was just a ritual but still I didn't want it to happen.

As he finished the recitation, he said to Arashi and me, "Now, you may kiss three times, taking your vows."

A gap formed on my mouth. Kiss!!!

In front of everyone?!

My face heated so did my heart as I became a frozen statue. No one told me that there was a ritual like this?!

"Alright... Now get prepared to become mine... forever." Arashi said in a low and breathy voice around my ear so no one but me could hear as my head snapped at him.

And the corners of his lips curled up in a faint smirk as he turned toward me. Mischief danced in his dark eyes as he knew I was flustered. And I knew why no one told me.

Of course, it was his planning!

I was feeling so shy that I couldn't even look up yet he stood so tall before me, unwavering and unblinking. I had no courage to see how the crowd was reacting but it seemed Arashi didn't care.

He caught my veil and pulled it up as my heart pumped in my ears. Our eyes met but I immediately looked down.

It was weird that we had spent much time with each other yet I was still shy around him. Even now.

I felt like my heart would blast open my chest the way it beat.

No! It was just too much for me! I—I couldn't do it! I wanted to hide away but I knew I couldn't since the cloth that was placed on our shoulders would fall.

Now I knew why it was a ritual...so the bride or the groom wouldn't dare to run away. If the cloth fell that meant the marriage won't last.

He bent over a little as our faces got closer and I held my breath. And our lips crashed.

The first time he kissed me, the crowd started to cheer and shout as I immediately turned my head down, pulling away from him. I heard teasing comments and laughters but two more kisses to go.

Again I looked at him gaining enough courage to see his eyes but failed miserably as his smirk gotten bigger and he once again crashed his lips on me.

And again, I pulled away the moment our lips touched. I felt like fainting with all the pumping blood and thumping heart. The cheering didn't subsided as they started to say together, "One more! One more!"

"It seems Prince Rian can't hold her very long..."

"Eh... The kisses are too short!"

"That's so bland, Prince Rian! As the prince of Wansai, you need to do better than this."