[Vol. 5] Chapter 125

(Third person's POV- omniscient)

Princess Rose had started to prepare Kairo as she hummed a merry tune. It was so sweet as Kairo asked, "If you don't mind me asking, Princess Rose, what is the song you are singing?"

She smiled sweetly and said, "It is a song from my country. We often sing it when we go somewhere far..."

He nodded, "What's the song...?"

"Coming back home." She said. "It was a song for our patriots."

Kairo nodded as he was sitting on the stool while Princess Rose tied up his hair. His brothers were outside, keeping in check that everything was in order.

And he felt nervous.

Why wouldn't he?

He had never gotten married before...

He couldn't help but ask, "Umm... Princess Rose, if you don't mind me for an...an unusual request, can you sing the song for me?"

Princess Rose was quite shocked and chuckled. "Why? You are not going anywhere..."

But he was very nervous... He was scared of being made fun of and as well as he didn't know what to do after getting married...

Just what would he do with that venomous girl?

He was considering his options and choices by now. Could he tie her with ropes until he come back from his work?

Or maybe lock her in his room?

Did she even know how how to make food other than poison...?

Or maybe he would have to eat and drink poison everyday...

Rose started to sing in her language and it sounded amazing but he couldn't really understand. He asked, "What does this mean?"

Princess Rose said, "Come back when you are tired and know that you always have a place you belong."

He nodded at the beautiful meaning of the song.

As she was singing, she was also focused on the groom's ornaments and suddenly she hissed in pain. Kairo's head snapped at her. She had stopped singing and an ornament was in her hand, hanging. It seemed to be the head ornament he was about to wear.

A white substance had come out from one of its stones and burnt her fingers as she threw the ornaments away and moaned in pain.

Hans, Koji and Takagashi came hurriedly after hearing Princess Rose's hiss.

Kairo went toward the ornaments and saw, in its stones, a kind of liquid had been poured. No doubt, it was a poison to kill him. If he had worn it, he would have just burnt himself once the stones break.

Hans and others immediately tended her wounds and asked worriedly, "Are you alright, Princess Rose?"

She nodded and smiled even when she looked like she was in a lot of pain. And suddenly she sat on the floor as if her feet lost their balance. They all became worried as anger boiled in Kairo's stomach.

He had enough of this.

If they just wanted to kill him, they could have just done that but they were trying to harm his people. His brothers, his master and the close people of them.

He didn't need to know that the Toushi clan just came to kill them all.

And he would never let anyone harm his home.

He took the ornament even when his hand burnt and started to go toward the exit.

He would kill that girl by his hands!