[Vol. 5] Chapter 105

[Bianka's POV]

I was getting prepared as one of the emperor's men came earlier to inform that the emperor and the empress demanded my presence.

I was a bit baffled by it since the whole Wansai was in a turmoil. After the testimony happened on the priests of the Wansai Temple, everyone was pretty busy.

The victims were all compensated by the emperor since Wansai superiors should have looked into this matter from the start but they neglected.

The emperor had given Arashi and the Duke the task for all of the inner turmoils that were happening inside Wansai. Their co-operation were needed since people were really glad that the Duke had spoke for them. The emperor was impressed as well and he rewarded the Duke as well. However, he refused it.

It took a few weeks to settle down the heated environment of the citizens and it took another few weeks to drag out the blind followers of the temple from the netizens who were polluting everyone's minds. They were still trying to create mess out of everything again.

I was impressed that the Duke Ginjiro Shimatzu and Arashi had done it together. It seemed the Duke was quite powerful himself and his people were only listening to him.

And I also heard that Daichi and the other cousins of Arashi helped them too. It was pretty much a joint collaboration for making everything alright in Wansai and I was happy that they got along.

Well, for the past few weeks, Arashi was busy but in his absence, I was in charge of his paperwork. At first, I was really confused but that's where Hans and Kairo came.

The counting of whole Wansai's tax was given to Arashi since there was a problem within the papers that the other lords who were in charge couldn't solve. Arashi refused it since his hands were already filled with the task the emperor gave and also the outer politics around Godoyama and Kosaki. The crown Prince wanted the paperwork of the taxes however, the emperor said, he was in charge of all the protection of the Wansai. If he neglected that duty, others could find a hole and might attack us.

The other cousins already had their hands full with their own domains' problems so Arashi suggested them to make their territory safe first.

Daichi was already full with the trades and his people, so he didn't want to add another task.

So, at the end of the day, Arashi suggested my name.

I was shocked because I had never done this. I thought men didn't like to involve women in these works and the others also displayed their distrust toward me. Even the empress said, "A women should not given these work."

But Arashi intervened, "Our territory has expanded greatly and not to mention, the population has increased as well. If you think only a man can do everything on his own, you are mistaken gravely. If you haven't already seen it, women were the ones who were victims of the priests. And they were the one who had unmasked the priests. That also includes Bianka."

"That was the Duke who has done it." One of the cousins said.

"I have to disagree with you, unfortunately," Duke Ginjiro said, "I only spoke on behalf of the witnesses and the victims. I was merely an advocate for this court. But the investigation was done by another woman. Who has assisted me in all these." He pointed at the woman beside him. It was the same woman who had come with the Duke on the testimonial day.

I was curious who was she and after hearing her excellent accomplishments, I was very surprised.

"B—but women are not always very reliable..." Akio said, "I mean, I wouldn't be able to count that many numbers..."