[Vol. 6] Chapter 150

(Third person's POV- omniscient)

Hiroshi sighed as the thief sat beside him in the public cart. Kairo and Hana sat across them while there were many other travellers with them.

The horses started to trot and he leant back to doze off.

Miku was looking for a chance to get both of their swords. She saw the man was dozing off but his companions were wide awake. They were looking everywhere with curious gazes. It seemed they hadn't been in Komato before.

She started the conversation with the two of them, "You both seemed like you haven't seen Komato before...?"

The other man nodded and smiled, "Yes, this is my first time coming here but Hana hadn't gone to anywhere."

Miku's eyes fell on the girl, sitting beside him. She looked very young and small.

"She's Hana?" Miku asked politely.

The man nodded with a smile and said, "I am sorry, we haven't introduced ourselves before. I am Kairo and she is Hana, my wife."

Miku was surprised they both looked very young but they were married.

Kairo added, "And you already know brother Hiroshi..."

Miku chuckled nervously. She certainly didn't...

She didn't even know his name until now. Hiroshi was his name then...

But compared to Kairo and Hana, he looked older and more experienced. Why was he dozing off? Was he that familiar with Komato? Wasn't he aware that people could rob him while he sleeps?

Moreover, he knew clearly what was her purpose, shouldn't he be a little wary?

Miku found it strange that he was very careless but it was good that he was. Kairo and Hana looked too weak and they were newlyweds while she couldn't fight against Hiroshi's strength. So, it was better if he dozed off.

She grinned in her head and waited for her chance.

All the while, they were exchanging conversation, Hana excitedly looking everywhere and asking all sort of questions.

Kairo asked, "Do you live here or have you came here for business?"

Miku said, "I live here... What about you all? It seems like I don't know anything about the place you've come from."

Kairo said, "We are from Shinkyo."

The other travellers in the cart looked at them with wide eyes and mouths wide open. Miku had no idea why. Was Shinkyo a rich place?

An old man in the cart asked, "Shinkyo? You mean, Prince of Wansai's city?"

Kairo grinned and nodded, "Yes."

Another lady said, looking at him, "Come to think of it, your attire seems familiar... Are you the prince's men?"

Kairo nodded enthusiastically as Miku looked at them with wide eyes.

They were the Prince's men?

She might have no idea outside of Komato but Prince Rian was pretty famous. They had all heard about his contribution in the last war. He excelled at swords and politics. Come to think of it, she certainly heard that the Prince of Wansai had some sort of force working directly under him...

What was the name again?

The females in the cart said it, "You mean, you are in Kuro soldiers?!"

Kairo scratched the back of his head as the travellers as well as the chauffeur were excited. They all knew prince's men were excellent in everything and it wasn't easy to survive the training, also they get paid well.

Which meant anyone would want to marry their daughters to them. Miku looked at the other travellers and she could see hearts were carved on their eyes.

She shook her head...

But did that mean that man works directly under the prince?

She took a glance at him and thought, no wonder he had so many coins and expensive shits.

There were two young women as well and they were eyeing Kairo and Hiroshi with weird gazes while the men were eyeing Hana. The woman couldn't talk to Hiroshi since he was sleeping so they turned their attention to Kairo.

Hana was, up until now, looked curious and childish however, as soon as she saw the women were trying to get Kairo's attention, she gave them the coldest of the coldest glare. The women immediately retreated.

Miku found it hilarious as she laughed while Kairo was unaware of it. Hana looked at Miku as Miku gave her a smirk.

Hana's face turned red as she looked away.

They certainly were an adorable couple... Miku thought.

When she was a child even she used to dream about getting her prince charming but now...

She had to look after her siblings...

And with that once again she glanced at Hiroshi to find an opening. However, that man had a tight hold on his sword.

Tch.

She started to conversate with them since at this moment, she had no other choice.

The other travellers said, "We are glad that Kuro soldiers are here now we don't have to worry about crossing the forest."

Miku grinned in her head. Yes! That would be her chance!

Because the forest was vast and it takes three hours to cross it but everyone knew about the bandits. While they all would be busy with being protective, she could just grab those swords and run.

Kairo asked, "Why what is with the forest?"

The chauffeur said, "My Lord, there are so many bandits in this forest and their activities had increased recently. Duke Gingiro sama is making sure to protect the travellers and have given many guards but still they come whenever they find the chance."

Kairo nodded, "Oh. Then we all have to be careful..."

As they entered the forest, they saw the men the Duke had given patrolling. They all felt at ease and the cart went inside the forest taking the path.

After a while, it seemed, everyone felt dozing off a little and Miku's eyes glinted evilly. Now was the chance!

She saw Hana had fallen asleep and had taken Kairo's lap as her pillow while Kairo was dozing off but he had one of his hands on Hana while the other one was on his sword.

What's with them always keeping the swords to themselves?!

But it was the time where almost everyone was either sleeping or didn't care much to take notice of Miku.

Miku slowly went for Hiroshi's sword and one by one pushed his fingers away from his tight hold on the sword.

It was time to take it as her heart thumped with excitement.

She held the sealth and slowly pulled it toward her however, Hiroshi's eyes opened immediately and she froze.

He looked at her with a glare and pulled out the sword. Her eyes went round with fear and shock as he swung the sword at her.

And her breath caught in her throat as his sword's sharp edge was a few inches away from her.

Was he—was he going to cut her in half just because she was trying to sleal?!

----
29th January, 23
1149