[Vol. 6] Chapter 151

(Third person's POV- omniscient)

A scream erupted from Miku's throat as she slumped down on the wooden floor of the cart.

But the sword never reached her because it cut through an arriving arrow which was about to pin on her back. Her heart thundered against her ribcage as Hiroshi stood there glaring at a distance.

She still couldn't understand what was going on but then the arrow head which laid just beside her, caught her attention. She gulped. Was it the bandits?!

Others in the cart went panicked and on the other hand, Kairo and Hana both woke up, both of their weapons in their hands as their sharp eyes looked through the forest. They all were wary of their surroundings yet they were extremely calm.

Miku had never experienced such things in her life. She certainly had to fight with the gangs of Lord Kogaru's men but they were nothing like the bandits who had actual swords and spears.

Within a moment, the cart was surrounded by twenty to thirty men, some were hidden in the woods as all of the passangers started to shake in fear while some started to pray.

Miku's heart pumped in her ears as she thought today was the end of her. She wasn't going to see her siblings nor she would be able to look after them anymore.

She had heard that the bandits in this forest never showed mercy especially after Duke Gingiro had cut off all their routes to rob people. The everyday patrols and high security in the towns made their activities a little less.

She could feel their wrath with just by one glance. They must have started to act together. Up until now people would get robbed by only five-seven bandits but here they were all together.

Suddenly, Hana jumped out of the cart as Kairo shouted, "Hana! Don't go alone!"

Miku thought she must have a death wish. No matter how skilled she was she could never defeat them.

But Hana was too fast and the moment she stepped on the ground, she vanished before Miku's eyes.

She looked around for her with confused eyes and finally found her. She saw how swiftly her needle swords from both hands stabbed through each and every men's throats who were standing in her way. She just needed one step to balance herself on the back of the horses or on the ground to reach them, otherwise her swords were doing all the work. Her reflexes became difficult to predict for the bandits as they swung their swords and spears randomly in the air.

However, in a moment, the men toppled over the ground like fruits falling down from the trees.

Her eyes were cold and dark that Miku thought she wasn't weak nor delicate at all. She had certainly judged her wrongly.

And it was not only Hana, she had judged Kairo wrong as well.

The arrows that were coming for the cart, were all cut off by Kairo as if the arrows were too slow for him. He growled, "What am I going to do with her?!"

Hiroshi said, "Don't worry, she is not that easy to be taken down on the ground."

Kairo humped, "But still... What if an arrow or two caught her?!"

Hiroshi said with a lazy voice, "Ah... Then you have to make sure she doesn't get caught by one."

And ordered, "Alright, Kairo, protect the passangers and Hana from the arrows. I'm about to hop out. Make sure no arrows harm any of them."

Kairo gave a curt nod and suddenly Miku saw the playful face of him changed into a grim one. Had she thought he was an easy target?! He certainly didn't look like an adorable young man.