[Vol. 2] Chapter 35

"I am hoping this medicine will be the last one and after finishing it, you might not need it anymore." Arashi affirmed as my father nodded, his face still portrayed a gentle smile.

"I am already feeling much better and my chest pain along with all the pain I have been suffering from have gone away." He said as his smile broadened.

Arashi nodded as the third wife came with tea for everyone but me. I wasn't expecting it anyway as I still sat like a frozen statue. I was still thinking if he was really happy or not because I hardly had seen him smiling like this. He would always display a hard face.

"Mr Yuan, I must say, you are the best physician I have ever come across."

"You are flattering me, Mr Inoue. All I do is give my patients some treatment so they wouldn't suffer anymore." Arashi said as he sipped on the tea.

My father laughed and said, "Now. Please, take rest and let me fulfill my duty as a father-in-law."

Arashi gave him a smile and said, "We will be going back to the inn later at night."

"Oh why? Please stay the night here and as I said, you have come at the right moment."

Arashi and I both looked at him questioningly as he said, "There is a wedding ceremony of my clan's leader's eldest son. All of my son-in-laws are invited and I want you to attend it. Especially you, Mr Yuan."

As my father said that I saw from my peripheral view, my sister's husband displayed a shocked face but he didn't fail to portray his disgusted face along with it.

Arashi asked, "When will it be held because I may have to go to the capital of Kosaki in a week."

My eyes moved to Arashi as he mentioned this and he remembered about the spring festival.

"Oh! But I wanted you to meet some people there. They are eager to meet you especially the leaders of Amane clan and Hojiro clan."

Arashi kept quiet for a moment as if he was contemplating his decision and asked, "Pardon me for asking this, Mr Inaue. Will Prince Takashi come?"

My father nodded and I looked between two of them as how could a Prince come to a clan marriage ceremony?

Arashi nodded as a smile played on his lips and I looked at him with a pair of suspicious eyes. "Then I would be very fortunate to attend this ceremony."

My father must be very happy as he told the first wife to prepare a good dinner for all of us and said to Arashi, "I have prepared a room for both of you, please take a rest and I would be glad if you stay in my abode until the ceremony is over."

Arashi thought for a moment and said, "If it won't be a problem then I'd be happy to stay here."

"Of course not!" He said with a big smile and I eyed my father's odd behavior. He seemed too happy.

We both nodded and gave him a bow. We came to the room which was prepared for us. It wasn't a big one but not a small one either which made me surprised. I thought they would give us the most uncomfortable room yet they didn't. The room had the veranda attached to it and there was a large peach tree just outside of the room.

I sat down on the futon and asked, "Who is Prince Takashi?"

"He is the youngest Prince of Kosaki." He gave me a look. "You don't even know him, do you?"

I shook my head. "I only know the Emperor's name and the first Prince as my father served them closely."

Mostly because I had heard their names when I served tea to father and his companions. As he had never chatted about his work into the house, I bet anyone knew them either.

He said. "This ceremony is a good opportunity for us to meet the Emperor."

My eyes lit as a smile crawled on my lips. I totally forgot that we had to meet the Emperor. It certainly seemed like a good opportunity otherwise we would have to wait. The youngest prince might help us.

"But if we attend the ceremony, we couldn't go to the spring festival since the ceremony is in a week as well." He said and my face fell.

But then I thought this task was much more important than visiting the festival. If we didn't do it quickly, the outcome might not be great and besides, we might not get another opportunity like this one.

Arashi tried to read my face as he gave me a worried look and I said, "It is okay, we can visit it another time." I said to him with an assuring smile, "Besides, I will be able to visit the ceremony with you. To be able to be with you is all that matters."

And to be with him was the most precious moment, I could wish for. It didn't matter if it was a festival or a ceremony or in our house.

I felt Arashi's warm hand on my right cheek as my eyes widened because his face was just a few inches away from mine. His dark eyes were looking into my eyes with so intensity as if he was looking into my soul and my breath caught in my throat. I felt his warm breath on my skin as it gave a strange lightning, rushing through my skin.

We were just looking into our eyes as if the surrounding had suddenly become so distant and our faces neared. My heart was beating loudly in my ears yet even it felt so distant.

"Mr Yuan, Bianka, I have made some snacks, please take it." My sister's voice came as we yanked away from each other and my heart was about to jump out from my mouth as I breathed heavily.

"C-coming!" I answered and dashed to the door. I opened the sliding door and sister gave me a bored look as she shoved me the plate in my hands.

"Th-thank you." I said as she looked at me for a moment and asked, "Why is your face so red? Have you caught a fever?"

"Err... N-no. Maybe because of the rising temperature." I said. Although the temperature certainly rose in the room.

"Hmm... If you catch a fever, please don't come near us. We don't want to have some unknown and deadly diseases from you." She whispered so Arashi could not hear her distasteful words and then she looked behind me.

"Please enjoy my cookies, Mr Yuan. I made them with so much love." She said with a melodious tone and gave him a sweetest smile. I eyed her as I was surprised at how quickly she could change her tone and her facial expressions.

Arashi looked at her and gave her a smile. "Of course, I would be grateful to have them but don't worry if you catch some unknown and deadly diseases, I'd be happy to treat you as well like I treat my other patients."

Both of us went still and the corners of my lip twitched but I bit back my laughter. She gave a nervous smile before leaving and I looked at him for a moment.

"How did you hear her?" I asked as I went near and placed the cookies before him.

"My auditory has become very sharp thanks to you." He answered.

I narrowed my eyes at him and he said while taking a cookie, "You always break bowls or hit the walls so I believe it made my hearing really clear."

"Are you making fun of me?" I asked a bit taken aback as my brows knitted on my forehead. I pouted.

He munched on the cookie and said, "I dare to make fun of my wife."

And the corners of his lip twitched. He was certainly making fun of me!