~24~ "Attempt 2.0"

~POV: Posi~ 
I sat in the living room staring at my phone, refreshing my emails over and over again.

I'm not, that anxious about it.

But god damn! I've been waiting to read a dumb email for a bloody week!

"Welp, Noah signed the papers, we have to leave at four." Lily slouched onto the sofa with a loud groan, sticking her tongue out slightly.

"Oh." I didn't look up, too fixated on my phone.

"Hey now, at least pretend to care if I die or not." She chuckled, rolling onto her stomach to smirk at me.

"I'm sorry, I'm just not good enough of an actor for that!" I exclaimed with a wide grin, putting the phone down for the first time in hours.

"Now that was meannn!" Her face scrunched with exaggerated gawk.

"I'm just kidding, you know I am. I hope you'll be okay, I'm just not stressing about it like Michael is. I know there's nothing I can really do. Morally it's the right thing to do the mission." I lay down on the couch, staring at the ceiling.

"Yeah, hey uhm, in case I do die, I'd like to give you another attempt to meet me because drunkenly hooking up isn't the most traditional way to meet a friend. Think of it like attempt 2.0" She rested her head in her hands on the armchair, a sweet smile across her face.

"For what it's worth Lily Mintz. I wouldn't give up the way we met for the world." I turned my head, staring into her eyes that always seem to say so much without her ever moving her lips.

"Thanks, you too. Posi Beckett." She smirked, knowing what she was doing.

"Okay, that's enough with the last names. You're gonna start bringing up my repressed daddy issues." I chuckled, knowing what she was trying to do.

"Ooo, daddy issues are hot." She winked, knowing what she had succeeded to do.

"We're probably gonna kiss aren't we?" I placed my chin in my arms, facing her on the couch.

"Yeah, we probably are." We looked into each other's eyes.

"That'll make things backward..." I looked down, breaking the gaze.

"Who cares?" She held my chin lightly, pulling me in for a passionate kiss...