~74~ "Answers."

~POV: Noah~

"What?..." Michael stared at me, a blank expression on his face. I couldn't tell whether he didn't hear or if he didn't understand, either way, it sent waves of an anxious feeling down my spine. He tilted his head and looked down at me, now I knew he had heard me because I could see tears glistening in his eyes, tears that were just threatening to spill down his cheeks, but he kept them in place.

"Michael Afton, will you marry me?" I repeated, the tiniest chuckle in my voice as I stared up into his wet and shining eyes, he wiped a few tears away with the palm of his hand, "A-are you playing with me right now?" He giggled in a teary voice, I stood up from the wooden gazebo ground and looked down at him, resting my forehead on his as I slipped the ring on his finger, kissing his forehead afterwards. "I've never been more serious about something," I said in what was really more of a whisper as I felt him nod and laugh before he was close to sobbing.

"I want to marry you, I want you for as long as you'll have me." He kissed my lips and it felt even better than usual, he tasted like cherries and it made me want to never let go, I wanted that taste to remain on my tongue until I could kiss him again.

I pulled away and let my hands rest on his face, his cheeks were wet with tears and his eyes glistened in the setting sun, it felt like something straight out of a movie I swear.

He slumped down on a bench and brought his knees to his chest, I stared at him for a second until I knew what he wanted. I sat down next to him and leaned my head on his shoulder, closing my eyes and listening as the rain slowly started to fall down from the dark night clouds.

"Shouldn't we get inside...? It's gonna start to pour soon." He mumbled, staring out as the rain picked up its pace, more and more droplets beginning to pour down from the sky.

"Awh, but I wanna stay out here with youuu." I teased, laughing to myself as he rolled his eyes and parted my hair out of my face, playing with the red locks just seconds longer before he pulled his hand away, I gave a fake pout, honestly just appreciating the fact that I'm not scared to do anything around him, I trust in the fact that he loves me, now more than ever.

"I don't want you to get sick and then complain all day tomorrow, for a tough mafia guy you really can't handle being sick." He stood up and took my hand in his, forcing me to my feet. He spoke the whole time, looking back at me after he was done with a grin spread across his face, the rain pattered against the gazebo roof, but it was surprisingly not very loud, at least in my eyes, I understood everything he said.

"When have you seen me sick?" I scoffed, I haven't been sick in over two years, and I'm not about to break my streak, I guess I have a high immune system.

"Well, you were really clingy when you were healing from your wound."

"Shut up, you like it when I'm clingy."

"Whatever, let's go inside before we get poured on!" He grabbed my hand and pulled me down the small steps, careful so neither of us would trip. He yelled out at the first few droplets that landed on him, cursing as more and more fell and he began to run his way inside, I quickly followed him, trying to contain myself from laughing as he yelled and screamed at me for bringing him out here when it was supposed to rain.

We finally arrived at the porch, Michael's hair was soaking wet and mine was too, I chuckled and kneeled down to where we kept spare pool towels, handing one to Michael and keeping one for myself as I heard Michael shag it against his hair quickly and fast, I remember him saying how much he hated his hair flat, it's more of a sensory thing, just doesn't like the feel of it on his face and neck.

I looked back to see his hair still slightly damp, super puffed up, he mumbled something under his breath, something about how he hated his hair but he couldn't help but grin to himself as he said it. I snickered and turned my attention back to my own hair as I dried it off best I could for now, I didn't mind it being wet.