~29~ "Wallet."

~POV: Michael~
I sat in one of the many cars Noah owned, staring out the window as Posi drove.

She basically dragged me from my slumber to go to the mall, leaving Maisie with a maid for a few hours.

"It's been so long since I've been shopping without Maisie." Posi sighed, tapping her fingers on the wheel, a grin on her face.

"Yeah." I yawned, I haven't been sleeping lately, my nights are spent staring at Instagram, then the ceiling, then getting up and rummaging through the closet till I've decided it's messy enough for me to clean, then I clean it, and repeat.

I've never been that good at sleeping the whole night, ever since I was a child.

I used to sleep a lot throughout the day because Noah would cuddle me or just let me lay on his lap while he worked, so I would never be tired. 

Now since Noah's left on the mission. I feel like I shouldn't sleep, I always think there's something to do, something to clean, anything at all. 

The car came to a stop, and the rumbling of the engine turned off.

"Hey," Posi paused mid-sentence, looking over at me as she pulled the keys out of the hole.

I looked over at her, trying my best to look awake and energized.

"I know you're tired dumbass, you don't have to pretend. But I saw that you were kind of stressing yourself lately for whatever reason, so I thought a break could be nice for both of us. Okay?" She smiled sweetly, her bangs falling into her eyes before she pushed them aside.

I nodded, "Okay." 

She opened the car door and hopped out, grabbing her purse as I hopped out the left side. (A/N: They're in British cars, so yeah LOL)

I stared up at the mall, the memories of coming here with my friends when I was little were filling my brain.

"C'mon!" She giggled, running ahead into the big glass entrance doors.

I chuckled quietly to myself, following after her, being as energetic as I could.

The mall was even bigger than I remember, I stared all around it in awe as Posi stood there laughing a little at my reaction.

"Been a while huh? You desperately need clothes, follow me." She smirked as she began to walk towards a clothing store, knowing I would immediately take it the wrong way.

"Hey! What's wrong with the clothes I have now!" I caught up to her, huffing a little as I looked up to meet her gaze in her heels.

Even in short heals she's taller than me.

"What's wrong with them is that all your shirts are Noah's." She laughed, bending down to meet my eye, I looked down, seeing that I was indeed wearing Noah's button-up with ripped jeans and a short kind of beige hoodie (Also Noah's.) and round glasses, the ones I usually use when I read but I thought they were cute with the outfit.

"I see your point." I sighed, groaning a little.

"Yeahhh, I get you're like obsessed with his cologne for some reason, but maybe let's get you your own clothes."

"I am not obsessed! I just think it smells good, and I want to smell it literally all the time-.... Shut up." I walked ahead quickly in defeat towards the clothing store.

"Awhhh." Posi laughed behind me.

"Bully." I turned around, flipping her off before I accidentally bumped into someone.

"Fuck- Sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going." I looked up at the man, my hands in front of me and backed away from him with an awkward smile.

He had blonde hair and contacts in his eyes to make them look purple, (gotta admit I wanted some myself) he had a small tattoo on his cheek that was simply a "C" maybe for a partner or something.

"Don't worry about it, be careful." He smiled, chuckling a little at literally no joke.

"I will... Have a good day!" I awkwardly waved goodbye, retreating inside the clothing store with Posi.

"Dumbass." She teased, recalling my embarrassing moment from seconds before.

"Shut up." I lightly hit her away, hearing her make a fake gawking sound.

I went over to the racks of clothes, zipping through them and examining each piece of clothing one by one.

Posi did the same, looking at each piece of clothing right after me, deciding if she would like it.

I liked most of them, but I'm pretty broke since I haven't worked in a month, only reason I'm not fired is that people keep coming in every day looking for me, then they stay and buy a drink, and soon they've spent 300 bucks on lap dances and whiskey, all without me being there.

But I did find one shirt I loved.

A/N: Picture of the shirt! Sorry I was having trouble describing it

I smiled, pulling the shirt out of the rack and staring it up and down and deciding I needed to have it in my life.

I went to grab my wallet to see if I had enough cash since I forgot my card at home, but my wallet wasn't in my back pocket anymore.

"Huh?" I felt around my back pocket, not feeling it though.

"What's wrong?" Posi came up beside me, "That's cute." She beamed at the shirt.

"I know, but I'm not sure where my wallet went, I swear it was in my pocket literally a minute ago." I looked at her in confusion.

"That's weird... Maybe you left it at home. Here, I'll buy the shirt for you, just pay me back later." She smiled, grabbing the shirt out of my hands as I looked at the ground, retracing my steps and wondering where the wallet could have gone.

"Maybe I did..." I muttered, I know I had it, not like much cash was in there anyways, but it's still odd.

"There's nothing good for me here, I'll go pay for this then we'll go home." She smiled, and I smiled back.

"Thank you so much Posi, I'll pay you as soon as I find my wallet, I'm so sorry."

"Don't stress it at all! I'm your best friend that's what I'm here for." She walked up to the counter, pulled her visa out and paid the woman behind the cash register, when she came back she handed me the shirt in a bag.

I grabbed ahold of it, following her out the door of the shop and through the busy mall.

"Sir!" I heard a voice, I turned my head behind me, wondering if the voice meant me.

The man I bumped into before came up, holding my wallet.

"Your wallet fell out of your pocket when you bumped into me, here you go." He lightly tossed the wallet into my hand, I caught it and examined the outside, yep it was mine.

"Oh, thank you so much, sorry to inconvenience you!" I smiled, putting the wallet back in my pocket, making sure it was secure.

"No problem at all, have a good day." He waved me off.

"You too." I waved back, walking out the mall doors, Posi close beside me.

I opened my wallet and gave her the cash I owed, I always like to pay people back the minute I can.

"That man is weird." She took the cash, put it in her purse and stared at the ground as we walked to the car under the setting sun.

"What do you mean? He seemed nice." I shrugged, staring up at the pretty sky and smiling, I've always been a fan of sunsets.

"I dunno, just gave off a weird vibe. Why did he keep the wallet until you left the store? He could have just come in to give it to you." She mumbled slightly, taking her hair out of her high ponytail, and letting it fall onto her shoulders and in her face before she shook her head to get it away.

"Because the random man wanted you to pay for my shirt so I'd pay you back later? I don't know." I laughed, walking backwards ahead of her for a short second, then turning back around to see the car in my view.

We both got in the car, and Posi turned the engine on, waiting for some cars to move so we could get on the highway and drive home.

~POV: ???~
I looked down, noticing the young brunette that bumped into me's wallet on the floor.

God, does this mean I have to talk to him again? Already took me a lot of willpower to get that much energy to match him.

I sighed and bent down to pick up the wallet, opening it up and reading the ID, just a little curious about who the brunette was.

"Michael Afton." The ID read, and my gaze widened with a smirk, I immediately took my phone out, gripping it hard as I dialled a few digits and held it to my ear, hearing the ring throughout my mind.

"What?" The harsh voice answered, never open to chit-chat.

"I found him." I beamed, holding my composer and talking at a low volume, not wanting the others around to hear.

"Who?"

"Michael Afton." I snared, leaning on the wall. A slight laugh was heard on the other side.

"Good work." 

"Should I get him now? He's at the mall on the west side with some floozy girl." I rolled my eyes, looking in the shop window and seeing the brunette looking through the cloth racks.

"Not just yet, I want to get him myself."