~116~ "Willow."

~POV: Noah~
"Why can't I come..?" Michael whined as I stood by the closet getting dressed for the day, I had a mission to do today, luckily it was only about a twenty minute drive away and it was a pretty small, just taking out a pretty small gang for a fine they owe us. I laughed at Michael's question, "Baby- okay- try to walk over here." I motioned him over from where he was sitting on the edge of the bed, he jumped off the bed in an attempt to walk over to me but within a few steps he fell to the floor on his hands and knees. "See?" I held in a chuckle as I went to help him up and make sure he was okay. I knew he would fall, he still can't walk very well from yesterday. He huffed and sat back down, pulling away from me, "It'll only be for like two hours, I promise." I cupped his face, kissing him on the forehead before I left.

"You good?" Lily asked, staring at her phone as I walked down stairs to where she was standing by the front door with Elias. "Yeah all good." I took my phone out of my pocket and placed it on the counter, I didn't want to lose it during the mission. "Alrighty, Elias is driving, he called it." Lily ran out the door to the car, "Wait what?-" Elias said in pure confusion, looking up from his own phone, "GET YOUR ASS BACK HERE MINTZ!" He yelled, running after her, just barely getting his shoes on before he stepped outside.

I followed them at a- well, normal pace to the car, getting in the back seat as the other two caught over who had to drive, "One of you please just drive I swear to god." I scolded them to work their shit out before we got on the road, and yes, Elias was forced to drive.

Like I suspected, the drive was just barely twenty minutes long, and yet somehow Lily and Elias found a way to bicker at each other the entire time, it was just thrilling to listen to. I cocked my gun as we jumped out of the vehicle, we weren't at a mission base like we usually would be, or a warehouse, we decided to meet the guy who owed us in an alleyway, it's easier, you barely even have to clean up because either way we get some news coverage, leading to more people fearing us, aka, more money. I knew I probably could have handled this alone, but the more backup the better I suppose. 

I pulled on my black gloves and face mask, looking around to make sure we were alone, it's a pretty abandoned part of town, we'd probably be fine. We walked into the echoey alleyway, where we spotted a man smoking as he leaned against the wall, he was easy to spot from the way the wind blew the smoke right at our faces, making Lily cough. He noticed us and smiled, "Ah! Mr. Carter! Lovely to see you." I'm not really in the mood for any small talk, especially when I knew he was just pandering. I quickly grabbed him by the collar and slammed his body against the cold brick wall. "I'm not fucking around hers, either you give us the ten grand or we blow your brains all over the wall." I gritted my teeth, seeing the way his breath quickened and hitch, his heart beating like a panicked rabbit.

"I-I don't have the money-" He awkwardly smiled, I dropped him to the cobble floor, kicking his face with my boot so hard I'm pretty sure it broke his nose, the blood falling down onto his shirt. I didn't feel like killing today, I snapped my fingers and Lily ran over with her gun, pointing it directly at him. "I'll ask you one more time and you better give me the right answer. Ten grand, or death?" I stepped down on his fingers, hearing the bones crack beneath my foot, he screamed out in pain. "I-I can get it to you next week!" He pleaded, I didn't really care, I removed my hand from his foot and ordered Lily. "Wrong answer."

BANG

He laid lifeless on the floor, blood pouring out of his head onto the cobblestone, I sighed, "Clean this up." I commanded Elias and Lily who both nodded and got to work dragging the body. I ran a hand through my hair, staring out as the sun began to set, I wasn't sure what time it was, but I left the house at 5 pm or so, I guess the sun is setting earlier for winter.

I wiped my head to the side as I heard a strange sound, like crying or something, maybe I'm imagining it but I wasn't gonna take any chances. I pulled my mask up and off my head so I could see better, throwing it to the side as I listened for more of the weird noise. It sounded like a cry I hadn't heard before, or at least in a long time. I walked a few steps ahead, the sound of sniffles only getting louder as I looked behind a dumpster and saw a box. Sitting inside the box was a young child, sobbing into their knees with a petrified look in their eyes.

They didn't look older than maybe five years? Two at the youngest, I slowly approached them, seeing how they backed away with fear. "Hey.. Hey I'm not gonna hurt you.." I put on my soft voice, that voice I use to calm down Michael when he's in a panic attack. I crouched down, noticing the child had long ginger hair that was knotted and tangled beyond belief. They were wearing a pink-ish dress that was ripped and torn into basically shreds, covered with dirt as well. "Where are your parents?.." I held a hand out for them, which they stared at intensely before deciding to take it so I could help them to their feet. Judging by their height which I could see clearly now, I'd say they're only about three years old.

"M-mummy sa-id to stay- b-but she di-dn't come back.." They cried, their cheeks were red and their eyes puffy from the amount they've been crying. "It's okay, it's okay.. Do you want to come with me and we'll clean you up. How does that sound?" I smiled, she hugged my legs, sobbing into them, I crouched down and picked her up, she was fascinated by the colour of my hair and wouldn't stop playing with it, not like I minded.

(A/N: YO DISCLAIMER DONT GET IN RANDOM PEOPLE'S CARS, OBVIOUSLY. THIS IS PURLY FICTION.)

"Uhm, where did you acquire a child from?" Lily asked as she came back, "They lost their mother." I mumbled as the child nuzzled their head into my shoulder, calming themself down as I rub their back. "What's your name hun?" Lily walked up to us, smiling at the young child, "Willow.." They mumbled, "That's a very pretty name Willow. I'm Lily and this is Noah." She gestured to herself and then to me, Willow lifted her head and looked at me. "Let's get her to our place and we can wash her up." I said, Lily nodded and we walked back to the car, I held Willow on my lap the whole ride home, she watched intently out the window. I was so curious about her, where's her parents? Why was she left in that alley? It's full of crimes. How long has she been there?

When we got back Willow was staring in awe at the house, I helped her out of the car and brought her inside, sitting her down on the counter so we could find her something to eat. "Uhm, hello small child." Michael was already in the kitchen, sipping a cup of coffee. "Hello!" Willow giggled, reaching her arms out. "This is Willow. We found her in an alley, she says her mother left her there." I opened the fridge and found some leftover pasta from last night and handed it to her. She picked at it quickly, she was clearly starving.

"Are you hurt dear?" Michael noticed the way her hair was basically a rat's nest, but we didn't see any other injuries luckily. She didn't really respond, just kept eating and picking at the food. Michael glanced over at me, a look telling me that he wanted to talk. So I followed him around the corner where he leaned against the wall, "What's your plan here?" He looked down, fidgeting with his hands. "I guess clean her up and take her to the adoption centre. I have very high doubts that her mother is coming." I looked back at the child, she happily munched on the pasta, she really has no sense of stranger danger.

"If you're gonna be taking her to the adoption centre anyways.. Why don't we keep her?.. We said we wanted a child." He crossed his arms, biting the inside of his cheek. I stared at him, thinking it over in my head, but I instantly knew what I wanted. "I think that's an amazing idea." I smiled, seeing the way his eyes lit up with excitement and just straight up happiness. He suddenly attacked me with a hug, I had to place my hands on his waist to keep him from falling. "I love you so much." He nuzzled his head into my neck.

"I love you too."

A/N: I know this chapter kind of sucks, I got rlly anxious about posting it halfway through so I apologize if it's short or badly written or something like that :) The next ones will be better