~96~ "Pain."

~POV: Michael~
The pain that shot through my entire body from the minute I woke up was almost unbearable, not to mention I was dizzy and a bit confused where I was from the anaesthesia, but eventually I figured out we were in the bedroom. I threw the comforter off me to reveal the bandages wrapped around my waist. "Fuck.." I whispered, sitting up carefully so I didn't hurt myself too badly. I looked up at a clock we have on the wall and saw the time, 6:34 am. I doubted I was gonna fall asleep again. "Noah.." I shook him awake, he mumbled something incoherent about letting him sleep and yawned, rolling away from me. "Noah wake up, I'm not letting you sleep in when I've got a whole ass stab wound!" I huffed, if I have to be up so dose he. "But I'm so tired baby..." He chuckled, laying on his back and placing his arm on his forehead.

"And it feels like I'm being repeatedly shot in my stomach every time I breathe, we've both got issues." I sighed and flopped back down on the couch, I felt his hand on his chest and I looked to see him snuggled up to me. He took a deep breath and nuzzled his face into the crook of my neck, "I'm sorry..." He grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers, fidgeting with my wedding ring while he smelled my fainted perfume, much like I do with his cologne. "We'll get you some food and pain meds, I'm gonna make sure you're as comfortable as possible while you recover.. Anything you want, I'll get it for you." He whispered his words into my ear, kissing down my neck before looking at me with the warmest smile.

"Oh, so I get special treatment?" I could feel my heart beating in my chest, not in an anxious way, I could feel intense butterflies in my stomach that he would do that for me. "Like you're never not getting special treatment." He laughed, "What do you want for breakfast?" He ran his hand through my hair before lifting my the blanket slightly to see my wound. He leaned down and kissed down the bandages lightly so he wouldn't hurt me, it tickled and I giggled softly, jokingly pushing his head away from my stomach and pulling his head back up to my chest where he laid it once again.

"I dunno, whatever's around." I shrugged. He sat up with a yawn and got out of bed, I tried to do the same, carefully sitting up and landing my feet on the floor. I was slightly wobbly for a second, I grabbed Noah's hand from instinct and he quickly went to hold me steady. "Can you stand?" He held onto my waist, I took a deep breath and nodded, "Yep, sorry, I think I'm still dizzy from the anesthesia." I slowly let go of him and he backed away, seeing I could stand just fine. He handed me some shorts and his t-shirt, telling me it was too hot outside to wear a long sleeve and getting dressed himself in jeans and a different t-shirt.

"Carry meee." I held my arms out once he finished changing, he chuckled and kneeled down in front of me so I could climb onto his lap. He placed his hands under my thighs and held on tightly so I wouldn't fall, I loosely wrapped my as around him too, just incase. Noah carried me downstairs where the others all sat talking and eating breakfasts.

"Helllooo, I made pancakes." Posi smiled as she held onto a bowl of pancake mix, Maisie was sitting in a high chair by the kitchen island barley eating several Cheerios. Noah placed me down on the stool beside Maisie's chair and walked away to talk to Lily and Alex. I noticed Rose was standing by Posi cooking some pancakes for herself with the batter. "Mikol!" Maisie cooed, holding her hand out to me, I held it softly and laughed. "Hi there!" I kept up her energy, ignoring the pain in my stomach and instead focusing on trying to get her to eat her breakfast. "I don't wanna!.." She cried, I pulled her out of her high chair and held her above me.

"Yeah, you and me both." I titled my head at her and she did the same, her crying calmed down and her face returned to a sort of confused happy, that's when I placed her back in. "Sorry, she's hitting a rebellious stage but like 13 years too early." Posi chuckled, kneeling down in front of the high chair to try and convince Maisie to (and I quote) "eat the damn Cheerios." I saw Rose place a few pancakes in front of me and I looked in confusion. "You didn't have too-" I was about to go on when she interrupted me.

"You just had surgery and got stabbed in the stomach, I think you deserve some pancakes." Rose laughed, rolling her eyes slightly and handing me a fork. Alright then, I guess I'll eat these. I'd probably wait until I wasn't being stared at though. "Oh shit- yeah- How's the pain?" Posi's eyes widened, I think she forgot about the whole thing, she stood up and went to make herself pancakes. "Not to complain but oh my ducking god- it hurts so bad I didn't know my body could hurt this bad." I fake whined and hid my head in my arms on the counter, "Here's some pain meds and I'll get your lower dose of regular medication, you can't have both at the same time alright?" She threw me a bottle from her pocket and I struggled to catch it. "Thanks I guess." I examined the bottle and popped a pill dry.

"At least drink something." Rose laughed, handing me a glass of water that I slowly sipped down. I grabbed a fork and slowly picked at the pancakes, seeing that I didn't feel very watched anymore, Rose went back over to Alex and Posi was focused on Maisie. As I made my way through the pancakes Maisie finally ate her Cheerios. "See? Mikol is eating, you should too." Okay apparently I'm inspiration for a baby now. Maisie giggled and finished all of her food just as I did. I stood up and completely forgot I can't even walk without extreme pain, so I immediately fell to my knees on the ground, the plate fell with me and shattered into pieces.

"Fuck-" I mumbled, placing my hand on my stomach and seething my teeth. "Holy shit, are you okay?" Posi said as her and Noah appeared beside me, Noah helped me to my feet and held me steady by my waist, making sure I didn't stand in the broken plate.
"I'm fine, I'm sorry." I stared down at the floor, Posi cleaned up the pieces of plate and threw them away. "Did you get hurt?" He frantically checked my hands to see if I was bleeding, I shook my head. "I'm fine, Noah." I let him help me back on the stool, I think he's a bit extra protective now that I got hurt, I didn't really mind, it might get a bit frustrating if he doesn't let me do anything, which he probably will.

I guess we'll see.