~33~ "John Mulaney special"

~POV: Michael~ (We don't question the chapter name till we've read the whole chapter okay? LOL)
I sat on in uncomfortable hospital chair watching as the nurse stuck needles and IV's into Noah's arms.

I really didn't wanna look, but I couldn't look away and she started to unravel his chest bandages, revealing the bullet wound.

My eyes widened when she moved slightly and I saw the entire wound, a hole going through his chest.

I whimpered softly when she cleaned the area around the wound, seeing how Noah winced in pain whenever her hand got close to the sensitive area.

I hated seeing him in pain.

"Okay, let me just replace your bandages and then I'll leave you two alone Mr. Carter." The nurse smiled, backing away to grab the bandages off the table beside me.

I brought my knees to my chest, watching her grab the badages and wrap them around Noah's chest until the wound was covered up. 

"There you go, I'll be back in about 8 hours to redo them." The kind nurse put the extra bandages back on the table, she looked at me for a second with a smile at first, then she looked over me and her smile faded.

"Thank you so much." Noah said, looking down at himself.

"Of course, if you wouldn't mind may I borrow Michael for a minute?" She asked both Noah and myself.

Noah shrugged, looking over at me to see if I was okay with that.

"Yeah okay." I stood up, following her out of the room and into the hallway.

Once she shut the door she sighed a little.

"I really don't mean to be rude at all, but you look a little malnurished, when did you last eat?" She stood in front of me, her hands in front of her.

"I don't know, like a few hours ago I had some apples slices." I shrugged, looking around the hallway, not really wanting to look her in the eye.

She nodded slowly, "If you feel sick just go find Alex or Noah and they'll take you to me okay?"

"Okay." I said, watching as she smiled and walked away out of my view.

I walked back into the hospital room, slumping back into the chair and seeing Noah was already asleep, probably the meds.

"Oh." I mumbled softly, standing back up and turning the room light off.

I was about to leave when I heard Noah mutter my name.

"Yeah?" I turned my head, looking at the half asleep red-head through the dark room.

"C'mere..." He held his arms out for me, waiting for me to fall into them like I always did at home.

"I don't want to hurt you." I mumbled, turning my head back.

"You won't... I promise, please? I missed you." 

I sighed slightly, "Okay. But don't get mad at me if you're sore." I climbed into the small hospital bed, laying against his side, and for the first time in a while, it took me less than two minutes to fall asleep next to him...

The morning sun peering through the thin hospital curtains woke me up the next morning.

I yawned, remembering what happened last night, I looked over at the peacefully sleeping mafia boss, making sure I wasn't hurting him by how I was laying.

He seemed to be okay.

I sat up, Noah's hands still wrapped around my waist when I noticed Posi and Lily staring at me in the doorway.

"Uh hi." I yawned, feeling Noah shuffled a little, pulling me back down. I yelped a little from the sudden movement, realizing I was now stuck I rested my arm on my forehead chuckling.

"Good morningggg." Posi walked in, followed by Lily, they each placed a cup of coffee on the side table beside the bed.

"We assumed you were sleeping in here, like on the chair or something since I don't think you're supposed to be sleeping in the same bed as him, especially a small hospital bed." Posi chuckled, taking a sip of the coffee she supposedly brought for me.

"I was gonna sleep upstairs but then last night he told me to lay with him, now I can't leave."

Suddenly the door opened again, I lifted my body up best I could without being pushed back down to see Alex sipping tea.

"Goooood morning." She chuckled, walking into the room.

"Why is everybody coming in hereee." I groaned, laying back down, Noah woke up a little then immediately went back to sleep when he saw I was still there.

"You really shouldn't be laying with him." Alex slumped into a hospital chair, crossing her legs.

"I am aware." I glared at the three girls.

"You gonna get up?" Lily snickered, leaning against the wall beside Posi.

"No, I can't move."

"Noah Carter the big scary mafia boss wants to cuddle his boyfriend." Alex teased, finishing her tea with a laugh.

"You are all so annoying."

"That's why we're here, to annoy you because there's nothing else to do." Lily groaned, pouting her lips.

"There's a TV in here, we could watch a movie?" I pointed to the TV mounted on the wall above the bed.

"Yeah that sounds better actually." Alex laughed, standing up and grabbing her chair, moving it to beside the bed as Posi and Lily did the same so they were all in view of the screen.

I stayed in bed, watching Noah hold onto me tighter in his sleep everytime he thought I was trying to leave.

I played with his red-locks softly, not trying to wake him.

We put on one of John Mulaney's comedy specials, because Alex is a huge fan.

I've never laughed harder, hope I didn't wake up Noah.

I looked around and for a good long moment there, I felt like I belonged where I was, like everything fit together for this moment to form.

And I hope I never forget it.