~30~ "Promotion"

~POV: Lily~
I woke up at FOUR AM because Noah said we should get up early for the mission.

With a yawn, I stood up and dressed in what I usually wear for missions, except cargo pants instead of a skirt because I could hold more weapons.

I walked to the kitchen, and seeing everybody already drinking coffee, I helped myself to some and sat beside them.

Noah was on his phone, clearly texting Michael who I'm surprised is up.

"When are we leaving?" I sipped down my coffee, closing my eyes and enjoying the taste.

"In an hour," Elias replied, leaning against the breakfast bench.

Noah put his phone away and finished his coffee.

"Why's Michael up?" I questioned, catching Noah off guard by the question.

"Oh- I don't know, he kind of avoided it when I asked." Noah shrugged, putting his cup in the sink.

"Because he probably has insomnia from stress or something and not telling you." Elias bluntly said, taking a sip of coffee.

Yeah, that was exactly what I was thinking but just didn't want to say it.

We all stared at him, and he stared back, realizing he probably wasn't supposed to say that.

Noah stared at him too, a little blankly. "Uh- Yeah, I'm gonna go get ready." Noah excused himself from the room.

Once he left me and Simon glared at Elias, Mark and Fredrick didn't seem to care.

"What?" He shrugged, god he's stupid.

"A little blunt man." Simon cut the tension with his words.

"You were all thinking it." Elias reasoned, I sighed, rolling my eyes.

"Yeah, but no reason to get him stressed right before literally the most stressful time in his life." Simon sipped his coffee, with a glare that could cut glass.

"It doesn't really matter," Elias mumbled, turning his head to the side.

I would punch him, but then he'll be fucked up for the mission.

"Okay- As the only girl here-" I started.

"Why does that matter?" Simon interrupted, chuckling a little.

"It doesn't, I just think I should point it out more often, I'm the only girl here and I fucking kick your asses at this job." I put my hands on my hips, and the others beside Elias all laughed.

"As I was saying, Michael's his boyfriend and since you've never had a real relationship you don't understand but he worries about him, especially when little bitch people like you tell him something's wrong with the most important thing in his life." I stood up, walked over to him and slapped his face lightly.

Damn, that felt good.

I sighed, "You're not an asshole, so don't act like one." I worried I went a little harsh on him, so I left with a tiny smile as I left the room.

I walked to Noah's room, knocking slightly and hearing a faint "Come in."

I opened the door, hearing it creak against the floorboards.

"You alright? I'm sure Michael's okay, Elias is just being a dick." I saw Noah sitting on the bed, phone on the bedside table.

I sit beside him, smiling.

He didn't smile back.

"I'm fine, just I've noticed Michael's been acting different when we text, so it kind of makes me wonder if he's okay." He leaned his elbows on his knees, holding his head in his hands.

"What do you mean?" 

"Well, he used to be sort of- I don't wanna be mean- but like, kinder?" Noah struggled to get the words out.

"He's being an asshole now?"

"Nononononono-" He said quickly, clearing in the defendant of his boyfriend. "Just- he sounds a lot more tired and quiet, just not talking as much as he was before."

I wasn't gonna tell him this, but that sounds pretty close to heading into a depression.

"I'm sure he's alright."

He nodded, running his fingers through his red locks.

"Don't worry about it for now okay? You need to be focused on this mission then you can go home and see him." I smiled, patting his back slightly and standing up.

"Also, just saying, I deserve a promotion." I laughed, putting my hands up.

"Yeah, you do. What do you think about being my number two?"  He looked up, a small smile forming on his lips.

Damn, I was just joking but- that sounds nice.

Being his number two means I'm in charge when he's not around or when he's doing paperwork I help decide on missions and shipment dates.

"That sounds lovely." I placed my hands behind my back, blowing upwards a bit to get my bangs out of my eyes, trying to look professional.

"I'll get the paperwork for it once we get back, it'll be wonderful to have you by my side." He stood up and walked away, patting my head before he left.

I stood there in the bedroom, staring at the ground and replaying everything that happened.

HOLY FUCK I'M PROMOTED.

"Fuck yeah!" I whispered to myself, jumping up and down.

I love this gang with my entire heart, they're my family.

I try not to think about the old gang I was in and the way they treated me like I was a slave to take their anger out on.

I was a backup, a last resort if everybody was struggling, I was supposed to kill myself to save them if I had to.

But, this gang, Noah's so much nicer, and he cares for his crew.

"LILY! WE'RE LEAVING SOON!" Simon called out, I smiled, walking out the door and into the weapon room down the hall.

I looked at the array of weapons hung, guns, knives, even swords.

I grabbed a gun and put it in the holster inside my pants, I hid a few throwing knives in the cargo pant pockets and grabbed my favourite weapon, a classic knife.

I held the knife in my hand, examining the freshly sharpened blade before walking to the front door where the gang stood.

Noah hands his hands in his jeans pockets, leaning on the wall beside the door waiting for everyone to finish.

"Everybody good?" He pushed himself off the wall, staring at the crew lined up, including me.

We all said "Yep." Or "Mhm." In unison and he nodded.

"Alright." He looked over at me, smiling, "Let's do this shit."

A/N: Chapter thirty and Lily's finally getting her promotion LOL