~72~ "Library"

~POV: Michael~
Noah took me to places I had never seen before around this mansion as we walked to the library, I had no idea it was actually this big, I suppose I've only been to a few rooms, maybe I should explore more sometime. But for now, I followed Noah down a long hallway until we got to the end and where a wooden door stood, how had I never seen it before? Surely I would have come across it at some point right? I guess not.

He opened the door to reveal a huge room with bookshelves galore, also chairs to sit in, it was like 13-year-old me's dream. My mouth fell parted as I stared in awe at the selection of books, ladders stood at each bookshelf so you could reach the higher books, it truly looked like something out of a Disney cartoon, and I instantly fell in love with it.

"This is amazing... How have you never shown me this before?" I took a step inside the room and Noah followed, I could hear him laughing ever so softly at my reaction to the paradise of books. "I'm not sure, I must have forgotten about it." He finally spoke, but I was too focused on walking up to one of the shelves and immediately grabbing a book, it was called Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, I had definitely read it before when I was younger, my mother gifted it to me on my 10th birthday and I became obsessed with the short series for maybe a month or two before I ultimately forgot about it until now.

"I knew you had money, but not like "Home-library-filled-to-the-brim-with-books" money." I laughed, putting that book back on the shelf and immediately grabbing another, I wanted to know what kind of books they had in here, from the looks of it, it seemed like every single kind in the world. The next one I picked up was from the Hunger Games series, I was never a huge fan, I thought the books were good don't get me wrong, but I just wasn't as obsessed as I was with other books.

I placed the book away and turned my head back to Noah, a smile on my face as he shrugged and returned the smile, "Mafia money, I don't really know what to do with it, I give to charity obviously, but I thought our new house could have something nice for you." He placed his hands in his pant pockets, my heart warmed at that for some reason, it always catches me by surprise when someone cares enough to do something like that for me, maybe it reminds me that I people do actually care for me, even if I don't like to believe it.

I grabbed a random book, one I hadn't read before and I slumped against the wall, Noah followed me, pulling his phone out of his back pocket, I suppose he grabbed it from the counter. I laid my head on his shoulder as I opened up the book and began to read it, Noah then went back to looking in his emails, I can't steal him from work for long I guess.

About ten pages in and I was getting a little bored with this book, nothing was really happening, so my mind began to wander elsewhere. I just stared at the pages and played out random scenarios in my head over and over again, but I didn't mind, it wasn't often I got this peaceful quietness, Noah's head rested on my shoulder as he scrolled through what seemed like endless amounts of emails. Yes, it slightly annoyed me that he wasn't paying attention to me, and yes, I was being petty because I know he had taken off almost three days from work for the party and me.

I closed my book with a smack, Noah didn't look away from his screen though. I placed the book down on the floor and pushed his head off my shoulder, but it wasn't long before I climbed onto his lap, swiftly grabbing the phone from his hand and throwing it onto a small armchair just next to us. Noah watched as I threw his phone before turning his gaze back on me. "Are you wanting attention?" He chuckled, tracing his hands down my waist until they rested on my thighs. I shrugged, cupping his face and pulling him closer to me, staring into his irises before I lost sense and pushed my lips against his, he immediately gave in, letting me lick his bottom lip as a way to ask for entrance, which he granted within seconds.