~28~ "We're there."

~POV: Noah~
The drive was four long hours that really felt like ten.

But the car did eventually stop and I looked out the window too see the mansion we'd be staying at.

Obviously, we could just get a hotel, that would be way to easy for other people to find us.

But luckily, another gang's leader said they'd happily take us in.

The leader's name is Alex, I've known her since I was 13. In fact, I was supposed to marry her before both of our parents died, which in the long run, saved us both from a very awkward marriage.

Lily let out a small sigh and turned the engine off, pulling the key out and placing it in her pocket for later.

"All good?"

"Yep, just a little nervous around other gangs."

Oh right...

Lily didn't used to be in my gang. Actually, she only became apart of my gang like four years ago.

Before that she used to belong to a gang called 'growlers' to say they treated her like shit would be an understatement.

The leader was awful to her, emotionally abusive and once or twice physically.

We saved her one day when we fought against the gang and saw how badly she was treated.

The plan was to just let her go live a normal life, but then we saw how good she was at fighting and asked her if she wanted to join.

She luckily said yes.

"Noah?" Speak of the devil, Lily's voice pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Hm?" I realized she was already out of the car and waiting for me.

"Oh sorry." I undid my seat belt and opened the door, walking out and seeing her already holding her suitcase.

I grabbed mine and saw two other cars pull into the drive way.

Likely the others are here.

Just as I thought, Elias, Simon, Mark and Fredrick all stepped out of their cars and walked up with their suitcases.

We all began to walk up the cobble pathway through an honestly beautiful garden that lead to the front door.

I knocked on the big double doors, waiting until a maid came and opened the door cautiously.

"Oh, you must be the boss's guests!" She beamed, unlocking the door all the way and opening it for us.

"Here, I'll take your bags up to your rooms, boss is in the first room on the left!" She grabbed mine and Lily's suitcase first, followed by two other maids coming up and grabbing the other's.

"Do you have any idea what first on the left means?" I rubbed the back of my neck, asking Lily who looked like she had it all figured out.

"You dumbass, that means it's literally right there." She took the lead walking to a black double door on the left side.

Yeah, I probably should have known what that means.

I knocked on the door and waited for a feminine voice to answer saying 'Come in.'

When I opened the door a woman wearing a grey tank top and beige cargo pants sat at a desk in the small office room.

Giant doors, tiny office.

"Noah Carter! It's been so long!" She immediately stood up from her swivel chair and hugged me.

"Heyy Alex, sorry I completely forgot your last name." I sighed with a laugh, hugging her back.

"It's fine, I'm married now so I took my wife's last name." She pulled away and chuckled, looking me up and down as I did the same with her, she looks so different now.

"You have a wife?" I asked, a little surprised since she always said she never wanted to get married.

"Yeah! Her name's Rose, got married like a year ago, sorry we didn't invite you to the wedding, we didn't really have one just to be safe and all." She rubbed the back of her neck, an awkward smile on her face.

"No no, I completely understand that. This is Lily, Elias, Simon, Mark and Fredrick." I gestured to each of them as they waved to her.

"Lovely to meet you guys! I wish you all luck on your mission." Alex smiled, shaking each of my gang member's hands politely.

"I'm sure my maid already took your suitcases? Or maybe you just really under packed." She giggled, falling back into the office chair and resting her feet on her desk.

"Hah, no they took them." I laughed, realizing I left my phone in my suitcase and wondering if Michael had texted.

"Well, I won't keep you long. I'm sure you all need to rest up for tomorrow after a long drive. Your rooms are just down the hallway, your names should be on the door in paper, just to make it easier." She smiled, pointing left down the hall outside the room.

"Of course, thank you so much again. I truly don't know how to repay you." I put my hands behind my back, a little guilty for not having anything to give her.

"No need at all, if you promise you'll always be there for my gang if we need it, and vice versa." She said, a confident look in her eye that she always had.

"Anytime." I nodded, soon walking out the door with my gang members following to find they're own rooms.

I soon found the door with my name on it, and everybody else found there's too.

When I opened the door, my suitcase was open and sitting on the beautiful bed.

Jesus this room is amazing.

There was a walk in closet, my own bathroom.

I knew this gang was rich but Damn.

This gang was just under ours for the richest gang in the world, well our gang tended to use our money on weapons since we're most wanted, no one really came after this gang, so they could safely spend it on houses and riches.

I heard my phone buzz twice on the top of the pile in my suitcase.

I picked it up to see Michael had texted me a few times.

Michael 🐱
Are you there?

Michael🐱
Noah?

I chuckled a tiny bit and replied.

Me
We're here now, I promise to update whenever I can. Love you ❤️

Just as I went to put my phone on the bedside table, it buzzed once again.

Michael 🐱
Love you more❤️