~58~ "Overdose."

~POV: Michael~
Hiding secrets was never- well- easy for me when I was younger.

I used to fumble my way through a conversation when I felt any guilt, you knew right away I did something.

I'd break my mother's vase, and the whole house knew within seconds of seeing me.

What can I say? I show guilt easily, I stress and fidget, mumble and even cry when I'm guilty.

Not anymore though.

As I got older, lying became easier, like it was a well-known skill that just suddenly clicked for me.

Maybe it was years of watching my father be a liar and be fine.

Or years of seeing my mother just take it.

Maybe both.

Either way, I think lying is now getting harder for me.

Maybe lying got easier because before I didn't have anybody to hurt with my lies.

Now I do.

Now I have people that love me, therefore, could hate me.

It's a fine line and I always feel like I'm sitting on it, waiting for someone to push me over to one side or the other.

Being on that line is exhausting.

I'm done with that line...

So I'm sitting in bed, three am now.

Maybe that's what these pills can help with.

Elias said now that I'm taking them again, I won't pass out.

Not sure if I believe him so that's why I'm sitting in bed, that way if I pass out, it'll look like I'm sleeping.

I pop a pill in my mouth and quickly placed the pills on the bedside table, staring off into the dark.

I think I'm okay.

And then I felt dizzy, really dizzy.

Fuck, I'm not okay...

~POV: Noah~

I woke up to the feeling of something suddenly dropping on the mattress, I fluttered my eyes open and sat up, taking a tired breath and looking around the room.

I saw Michael fast asleep beside me, I'm surprised he didn't wake up, he wakes up at almost anything.

I narrowed my eyes, shaking him softly, but he didn't wake.

"Michael darling... Are you okay?" I whispered, using my finger to turn his head, he didn't respond, his eyes were closed and his mouth parted slightly.

That's when I got worried, I sat on my knees and shook him harder.

"Michael." I cupped his face in my hands, but his eyes stayed closed, I noticed the bottle of pills on the side table and my first thought was that he overdosed.

"Michael!" I shouted, praying he was just in a deep sleep, but he didn't respond.

"Shit, shit, shit." I jumped off the bed and grabbed my phone, dialling Rose immediately, I know she was down the hall, but this was faster.

It rang a few times until she picked up, a small groan in her voice, "Jesus Noah... It's 3 am-"

"Michael won't wake up and his pills are on the bedside table- so I'm thinking he might have overdosed or something- I don't know- just please help, please-" I spat out in a jumble of words, hoping she would just understand so I didn't waste time repeating myself.

I climbed back on the bed, still on the phone with her, I just heard shuffling on the other end, she was probably sitting up.

I examined Michael's face, his body was completely limp, I then noticed his pills weren't even half empty.

"Bring him to the infirmary, I'll be there with the other doctors in five minutes okay?" Rose finally responded after what felt like fucking hours.

"Okay." I scooped him up, walking to the infirmary as fast as I could, once I reached it, I put him in the first room I found, laying his body on the bed.

I sat in the chair when suddenly Rose came in wearing her uniform along with three other doctors, I immediately stood up, moving to get out of their way.

Rose looked at the brunette boy and mumbled something to the other doctor, and they soon brought her an oxygen mask, placing it over his face.

"Set up IVs, check his heart, and prepare him, I'll be right back," Rose commanded to the others, suddenly walking past me out the door and motioning for me to follow.

She was wearing a mask, so I had to listen closely to hear what she said.

"We're gonna pump his stomach, that'll let us know how much he took."

"Will he be okay?"

"Legally I can't lie to you, if he did overdose, there's a chance he won't be okay."

I stared at her, that was the last thing I wanted out of her mouth.

I didn't really know what to say, a million thoughts rushed over my head.

Why did he do that?

Did I do something to upset him?

Was he mad at me?

Did he have this planned?

But I couldn't focus on one question for a long enough time to answer if I did even know the answer.

"Wait out here, we'll let you know if anything further happens."

I nodded and watched as she walked back into the room, I immediately slumped onto the floor.

I wanted to cry.

But I felt guilty crying, my father always told me I wasn't supposed to.

I don't care.

I brought my knees to my chest and sobbed quietly.

The last time I cried was when we got Michael back, and I saw how beat up he was.

Part of me was slightly angry at him, angry that he'd have the thought of doing this and leaving me.

But I knew that was selfish, so I just sat against the wall, my sobbing stopped soon, but I kept my face in my knees, hidden.

It was half an hour before Rose came back out of that hospital room, I immediately lifted my head up, waiting for news, good, bad, anything.

Then she finally spoke.

"He didn't overdose."