~48~ "Cabin."

~POV: Michael~
I woke up to a lamp lit room.

It took me a second to figure out where I was, until I saw Noah sitting on his phone at the desk.

I yawned and sat up, feeling a pain on my stomach, must be the bruise...

"Oh, you're awake." He smiled, I weakly smiled back,  looking around the room to see it was just us here.

"Can I talk to you about something real quick? It's nothing bad I promise." He stood up, walking over and kissing me on the head.

I flinched slightly, but didn't pull away.

I nodded.

"The others and I were talking about maybe moving houses, we want to make sure you're safe, but I know you're not a huge fan of change so I wanted to ask you. Would you be okay with that?" He sat on the edge of the bed, staring into my eyes, the lamp-lit room making it hard to see much other than him.

"Okay." I mumbled, nodding with a small smile.

"Okay." He repeated, placing his hand on my cheek, I leaned on his palm, closing my eyes as he rubbed the skin on my cheek softly.

It was something he always did that comforted me, sort of a small gesture meaning, 'I've got you.'

And it always worked to make me just a little calmer.

I pulled him in for a small kiss, sitting on my knees.

I couldn't really explain why I wanted to kiss him, maybe I just wanted to wipe my brain of all the other kisses I've had, replacing those memories with a gentle kiss from someone who actually loved me.

He placed his hand on my waist lightly.

I pulled away from the kiss, staring into his eyes.

I couldn't help but smile slightly, leaning my head forward to rest on his chest.

"Noah!" Someone called from downstairs, the yell made me jump and lift my head up to find who it came from.

"It's just Alex love, don't worry you're safe." He rubbed my back, kissing the side of my head.

"I do have to go see what she needed, do you want to come down with me?"

I nodded, he stood up and lended me his hand to help me stand.

I followed him down the stairs, seeing everybody downstairs in the kitchen, either drinking coffee or eating.

God, I am really hungry...

"What do you need?" Noah walked over to Alex who was sitting on the armchair with her wife close to her.

Posi noticed me, she immediately pulled me in for a hug.

I flinched, but I hugged her back, nuzzling my head in her shoulder.

"How are you feeling?" She pulled away from the hug, looking me up and down.

I shrugged, "I dunno..." I looked around the room.

"Do you want something to eat?" She gestured to the toast about to pop in the toaster.

I nodded, she smiled and the toast suddenly finished, making a loud popping noise.

I jumped, bringing my hands to cover my ears, then realizing what the noise was and putting them down.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." She grabbed the toast and gave it to me, I happily nibbled on it, sitting down at the kitchen counter stool.

I watched as Noah, Rose and Alex looked at houses on their phones, until they found a cabin that they thought was pretty and secluded enough.

They asked Posi and Lily to come look at it, I followed them, looking over Noah's shoulder at the picture of a cozy cabin.

My eyes lit up at the sight of it.

"Do you like it?" He chuckled, turning his head and kissing my cheek.

I nodded, "It's pretty." I backed up and took another few nibbles of my toast.

I haven't had toast in a while, I forgot how good it is.

"Where's my cat?" I finished my toast, suddenly feeling an urge to cuddle my cat.

"I think I saw her in the living room." Posi smiled, "I'll help you look for her." She stood up from the stool and began walking to the living room, I followed her.

We found Pixie sleeping on a couch, when she woke up and saw me she immediately pounced onto my lap.

"Hi, I missed you too." I picked her up, kissing the top of her head.

She purred intensely, against my chest, pretty much going back to sleep as soon as she knew I was with her.

Posi and I continued to sit on that couch, just talking.

Mostly her talking, my voice was hurting so I didn't speak much if I could help it.

But I still liked hearing her talk.