~73~ "What?..."

~POV: Michael~
Noah didn't end up carrying me to our room, apparently, he needed to finish some last-minute work in his office, so he left me to sleep on his lap for a while until I woke up and realized, getting briefly annoyed with him before he explained.

So now I sit on the small sofa as he looks through a filling cabinet for some certain folder, I have no idea what, and I honestly couldn't care less. I just scroll on my phone, Posi texting me every once and a while with some video she found on instagram, before I'd go right back to aimlessly scrolling.

It was starting to get dark outside and I was anticipatingly waiting for Noah to give me my surprise, not gonna lie, I was a little anxious about it, surprises sometimes make me anxious. I know he would never break up with me like this, that's just overly cruel, and I do trust him that it'll be good, but I just worry.

But annoyance seems to be overtaking that worry in my mind. Annoyance that Noah was STILL working, it's been like at least four hours since Alex called him into his office. I guess when he starts it's hard to get him to stop again.

"Noahh, when are you gonna be done? I'm bored." I whined, thumping my head down on the cushion with a huff as I dangled my legs over the arm of the sofa, "Plus, I wanna know what my surprise is." I turned my head to face him, he was busily scribbling on a piece of paper. Who knew a mafia boss had this much paper work? I assumed it'd be more like actual missions, but he hasn't gone on a mission since he got shot, not that I'm complaining, I get anxious and paranoid everytime I even think about him being hurt like that again. I had never seen someone who's gotten shot before, but that bullet wound scar still remains of his chest, a reminder everytime I see it that I'm a bad boyfriend, because I should have tried harder to get him to stay.

Whatever, I should stop these thoughts before it w gets worse, I watched as Noah lifted his head for a split moment, leaning his face in the palm of his hand and chuckling slightly. "Don't worry, you'll get it soon, I've just got one last thing to do here, shouldn't take more than five minutes." He smiled and immediately went back to work, I shrugged, at least he's off soon, and I went back to scrolling for just five more minutes.

Surprisingly, he kept his word, it was just over five minutes later and he was finished, pulling me up from the sofa and kissing my cheek (A/N: FACE CHEEK. you know who you are..........) before he forced me to follow him down the hallway and carefully down the wooden steps, I almost fell once or twice, but I managed to catch myself.

He continued to lead me until we reached a big glass door at the back of the cabin-y house. He opened the door and I followed him through the back garden where Rose kept all her vegetables, and where Posi kept her flowers (which needed to be watered), and then we entered the back forest, I had only ever been in it once for that picnic we all had a month or two ago, but soon he lead me to a part of it I didn't think to explore, through the thick trees until we came to an open space.

I was shocked to see a gazebo in the middle of that open space, why would there be a gazebo in the middle of the forest? Kind of strange right? It seemed to be getting dark, and that's when Noah pulled a remote out of his back pocket and pressed a certain button which immediately lit up fairy lights all around the white wooden structure. I couldn't help but smile widely, it was so beautiful and bright, I can't believe I've never been to this part, this definitely wouldn't be the last time.

"C'mon." He grabbed my hand and pulled me up the few steps into the gazebo where a cushioned outdoor bench stood, plants surrounding it. I could see my myself spending every moment I could out here from now on.

"This- This absolutely beautiful!" I stammered my speech, I used to dream of places like this when I was younger, a place to escape, I thought I found that with the club I once worked at, but my god this is so much better.

"Can you do me a favour Michael?" Noah's voice asked from behind me, I turned my head, that same dumb smile stuck in my face as I took in the beauty around me.

"Yeah, anything, this is amazing." I stared up at the design work in the gazebo ceiling, it was so intricate and carefully made, has this always been here I wonder.

When I looked back down I saw the red-haired man on one knee, reaching into his back pocket as he pulled out a black box, the same one I had found in his drawer weeks ago. Wait, is he?-

"Will you marry me?" His lips formed into a soft smile as the mafia boss opened up the little black box, revealing a shining ring directly at me.

"What?..."

A/N: HAHAHAHAHAHAH CLIF HANGER!!!!! I'm being very mean to you guys lately I know :( I promise you will  all get the chapters you deserve sooner than soon