~63~ "Blood Test."

~POV: Noah~
I closed the office door behind me, fixing the cuff of my button-up shirt before walking down the hallway back to the infirmary.

I couldn't help but smile at the thought of the ring I bought for him.

He likes shiny jewelry, like diamonds and silver, so I tried my best to find a ring he'd like, god I hope he does.

I walked down the familiar infirmary hallways, well, not so familiar as we're in a new house, but all infirmary's kind of look the exact same.

I pushed open the first door on the left, revealing the blank white colour from floor to ceiling on the walls.

It was enough to hurt your eyes when the over head light was on, luckily it was off.

"Oh Noah, good timing. I need a blood sample from Michael to test." Rose smiled, an empty needle already in a gloved hand.

Michael sat on the bed, knees at his chest as his eyes were focused severely on the needle tip, he doesn't really like needles.

It's not really a phobia, but they make him anxious, pretty normal.

I took a few steps forward until I was standing beside the bed.

Michael looked at me for a moment, fully up and down before sitting up on his knees and crawling to the edge of the bed, where he sat again, this time head nuzzled in my chest.

I rubbed his back, kissing the top of his head as he held his arm out for Rose.

"Do you want me to count down? Or would you prefer random?" Rose asked, standing on the other side of the bed and making eye contact with me for a spilt second, before we both dropped our gazes.

"Count down..." He mumbled, resting his eyes and lightly playing with the top few buttons on my shirt.

"3, 2, 1." On one Rose stabbed the needle in his vein, Michael winced and gripped my shirt for a moment.

The needle sucked a bit of blood before Rose pulled it out and she walked over to her small station, doing what she needed with it.

Michael's grip softened as he pulled away from the embrace, his knuckles slightly white from the hard grab he once had.

"Okay, I'll let you know of anything. I suggest eating and drinking something so you don't faint from small blood loss." She smiled her usual warm smile and grabbed the bottle of the red blood, walking out the room with it, leaving us two alone.

"What do you want to eat?" I rubbed his back once again, speaking in a soft tone I liked to use around him.

"Toast." He blankly stated, leaving no room for discussion

"Why do you like toast so much?" I chuckled, looking down at the plastic chairs and realizing I had left my coat on it.

"My dad really liked toast so we had it a lot for breakfast when I was little, I think he was training me to like toast." He spoke with a soft laugh in his tone, as he spoke he hopped off the bed, yawning and stretching lightly.

I laughed with him, following as he opened the door, "I like learning about your childhood love." I kissed his head as I walked by, and he didn't follow.

"You okay?" I turned back, a smile on my face as I waited for him to catch up, he stared at the floor before realizing I was trying to catch his attention.

"Huh? Oh yeah, I'm good." He nodded, quickly catching up with me, I waited for him to reach before we began to make our way to the kitchen.