~45~ "Waiting."

~POV: Michael~
The room was dark, I don't think any lights are even in there.

My face was wet from the tears that have yet to dry.

My morals are gone, at one point I just gave up trying to fight any of it.

The taste of blood remained in my mouth and my skin was stinging, maybe slightly bleeding from the fucking bites they put on my neck.

"Alright!" The only voice I've known these past hours entered the room, I lifted my head up, staring at her.

"Seems like your boyfriend is coming to get you. Shame you're in such bad shape for him." She smirked, crouching down and looking me up and down.

I didn't respond.

"No response?" She stared at me with half-lit eyes that I could barely see through the darkness.

"I seem to have broken you down, that didn't take long. Pathetic."

"Why even do this to me? If you're just using me for ransom?..." I closed my eyes, leaning my head against the concrete wall.

I'm so tired.

"Because it's fun, you have so much power you don't even realize, dating a mafia boss. And seeing all that power and comfort taken away from you, it's thrilling. You're nothing. Just a sex doll. And you've always known that haven't you?" She smirked, she truly just liked seeing the life stripped from my eyes.

"Getting real philosophical aren't you?" I chuckled with whatever I had left in my spirit.

The room fell silent, and she stood up, kicking me in the face with a strong force.

I yelped and fell onto my hands and knees, seeing the blood drip from my nose onto the floor.

"F-fuck..." I covered my nose and mouth, feeling the blood drip quickly down my face and body.

She made a "Hm." Sound and crossed her arms.

"Don't you dare wipe the blood off, you deserve for it to stay on." She bent down, lifting my head up and examining the fresh, red liquid streaming down my face.

She slapped me once more before standing up and walking away.

The last sentence she said before leaving was: "Let's hope Mr. Carter agrees to my terms, otherwise, you're mine." She said with a devious grin before slamming the giant metal door behind her.

I'm so tired.

The blood uncomfortably began to dry on my face, but I didn't dare wipe it off.

No.

I can't.

I laid my body down on the cold floor, bringing my knees to my chest in an effort to keep myself warm.

I couldn't sleep, no surprise.

I just stared through the dark room.

The blood taste in my mouth never truly went away.

My stomach hurts from any amount of pressure applied.

But I still lay here.

Waiting.

For something that may not come.

But waiting is fine.

I've always been good at waiting.

I close my eyes, maybe falling asleep, maybe passing out.

Either way, it's easier than waiting conscious.