~104~ "Call."

~POV: Michael~
"When do you start?" I spun around in Posi's desk chair while Maisie sat in my lap, I was sort of trying to get her to fall asleep since it's way past her nap time but she still refused to sleep. But she was wide awake, cheering as we spun. Posi was sitting on her bed with her laptop, and I wasn't sure where Noah was, I think he's in his office or something, maybe with Lily or Alex. "Next week. Are you sure you don't mind babysitting Maisie like three times a week?" She looked up from her laptop, I held Maisie above my head as she cooed. "I don't mind, she's a sweet kid. Aren't you?" I smiled, Maisie kept giggling as she grabbed at my face. "Okay, tell me if it gets too much." She looked back down to her laptop and scrolled.

Maisie finally yawned and I let her lay against my chest as she slowly fell asleep, "Would you mind placing her in her crib? I got to take a call." Her phone started ringing, I nodded and stood up, walking to Maisie's room to place her in the crib and turn her bedroom light off, closing the door behind me. I then walked upstairs to Noah's office, I think that's where he is, I honestly wasn't sure, he was gone from bed when I woke up. I knocked on his door and got no answer, so I peeked open the door slightly to see Noah was on a call, he pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed, "I don't fucking care!" He snapped, which made me flinch from the sudden and unusual shout. "If you feel that fucking guilty about it you wouldn't have done it in the first place! Lia is still willing to talk to you, I'm not. So stop fucking calling me!" He hung up and slammed his phone down on the table, "Fucking hell!" He shouted, throwing a random item off his table at the wall.

"Darling?..." I opened the door slowly and carefully incase he threw something else, I closed the door behind me and walked in. "Are you okay?.." I fidgeted with my hands, trying to see how angry he was. "Just my goddamn mother.." He stood up and ran his hand through his hair, "What did she want?" I took another step forward towards him until he grabbed a knife on his desk and threw it at the wall, probably creating a hole in the wall. "S-should I leave?" I stepped back, a little bit scared of this whole situation. He sighed and sat back down in his chair, "No. No, I'm sorry baby.. She's just pissing me off." He leaned his forehead on his hands, I stood beside him, placing my hands behind my back and fidgeting.

"C'mere." He said, I nodded and climbed onto his lap, he cupped my face and kissed my forehead. "She wanted to come visit, I don't want her in this house, I don't want her near you, not again. She fucking thinks I'm keeping Lia from her, that I'm like, brainwashing her or some fucking shit." He gritted his teeth, digging is nails into my side. "Owowow-" I pulled his hand away, he was almost digging his nails into my wound, and fuck it hurt like hell. "Oh my god I'm so sorry-" He began to apologize but I soon cut him off, "It's okay, go on." I smiled, loosely wrapping my arms around him, I'll be fine, I've felt worse pain definitely. "I dunno, I just fucking hate her. She's always been a bitch to my sister and I, she never cared when my father was an asshole to us, I was the one who had to protect her half the fuckin' time." I don't think he's ever cursed this much, yeah, he swears all the time but like this is an extensive amount, must be really pissed off.

I laid my head on his shoulder and listened as he talked, even if he was angry and annoyed I liked hearing his voice, it had a calming tone to it either way. "Sorry, I don't mean to put this all on you." He noticed I was almost asleep and stopped talking, I shot my head back up, "W-wait no, keep talking.. I like your voice." I kissed up his neck and hid my face in the crook of his neck, calmly watching his Adam's Apple go up and down as he talked. I closed my eyes and let the sound of his voice drift me away to sleep, even if I tried to stay awake and be a good husband by actually listening, I just couldn't.

~POV: Noah~
I realized Michael had fallen asleep and I finally stopped talking about god knows what at that point. I took a deep breath and rubbed his back, kissing the side of his head. I stood up and held onto him, wrapping his legs around my waist and holding on under his thighs. He mumbled something and barley woke up for a second before he was right back to sleeping. I carried him out to the living room, trying to place him down on the couch and leave but he held onto my shirt for dear life, barely opening his eyes. "Stay.. Talk to me.." He pulled me down on him, I almost tripped and fell on him. "I'll stay, okay?" I placed my hand on his cheek, picking him up again so I could sit under him and place his head on my thigh. I played with his hair and felt him cuddle into my abdomen, wrapping his arms around me.