~83~ "Sick."

~POV: Noah~
I laid in bed watching a show with Michael on my lap, I rested my hand in his hair as he dug his head in the crook of my neck. He lifted his head up and turned away from me, sneezing in his elbow and sniffing afterwards. "Bless you." I said, letting him lay back down as I kissed the side of his head, I loved this time of day, when he went all soft and all he wants to do is cuddle, though he does seem even more soft the usual today.

He sat up and sneezed into his elbow twice in a row, that's when I wondered if he was maybe allergic to something in here, although there's nothing in the room that's a new scent, so I wouldn't know what he's suddenly allergic too. Unless he's sick? "Can I take your temperature baby?" I cupped his face with one hand and felt his forehead with the other, he was pretty warm, "Okay..." He mumbled, climbing off my lap to let me walk to the bathroom and grab a thermometer.

"Open." I stood in front of the bed, he sat on his knees in front of me, looking up, he opened his mouth and I placed the thermometer under his tongue, letting it sit for a few seconds before taking it out to reveal the number 38 C (Celsius, 100.4 Fahrenheit.) "Do you feel sick?" I wiped off the thermometer with a paper towel and placed it back in the washroom, he shrugged, "I have a headache and the lights are too bright, my throat also hurts and my nose is stuffed." He laid down on his back and covered his eyes with his arm. I lightly sighed, sitting down on the end of the bed. "I'm sorry my love." I pet his hair, he leaned into my touch quickly and held my hand, interlocking my fingers with his.

"Can I get you anything?" I moved his bangs away from his face, he sat up and climbed on top of me, "Just hold me.." He nuzzled his head on my shoulder, I kissed up his neck, placing my hands on his waist. I could tell he was doing everything he could to stay awake, I massaged his head lightly and he let out a relaxed sigh, yawning in the same breath. "You can sleep. I won't go anywhere." I reassured and it took him less that a minute to fall asleep, he must really not feel well.

Not longer than an hour later Lia popped into my room, poking her head inside and about to speak before she looked down and noticed Michael fast asleep in my arms, I turned my attention from my phone and stared at her, waiting for an explanation on why she just barged in here. "Is he alright?" She pointed at Michael as he repositioned slightly to get more comfortable, "Yeah, just sick. Did you need something?" I asked, she blinked a few times as if she was suddenly remembering something before she spoke again.

"Oh! Do you wanna go to the mall with me?" She grinned, leaning on the door frame with her arms behind her back, she still acted so childish even all these years later. "I would but I told him I'd stay." I said in more of a whisper as she pouted at me, "C'monn, just for a bit, you can buy him something to make up for it." I bit the inside of my cheek, I did need to get him medicine anyways, and I hadn't spent that much time with my sister lately. I should probably go with her, I can also just ask Posi to take care of him if he needs anything.

I carefully let him off my lap, he immediately cuddle into the plush I got him awhile ago, still fast asleep. "Yay! Alright, I'll let you get dressed." She closed the door behind her and I heard her foot steps walking down the hall as I got dressed out of my lounge wear and into actual clothes. Michael stirred in his sleep a few times, I tossed one of my shirts to him so he wouldn't wake up and he dug his head into the fabric. And then I opened the door and closed it behind me, making sure to text Posi and ask her to maybe keep him company for a bit before I left with Lia.

I basically just followed Lia around the mall as she dragged me into every store possible, I didn't really mind though, I'm just glad to be spending time with her. I was also mindfully looking for something to give Michael, 1, so he won't get mad that I left him, and 2, to bribe him to take medicine, I doubt it'll work very well though. But then I did find something he'd probably like, it was a duck plush, I know he already has an insane amount of plushies, but he always gets so happy when he gets a new one, how could I not want to keep seeing that expression?When his eyes light up and he smiles so genuinely, it's fucking adorable.

I got him that as well as his favourite tea, also some medicine of course. Now I walked beside Lia as we exited the mall to find my car, I listened as she rambled on about what she's been doing for the past few years and I enjoyed to hear. I told her when we were planning to have the wedding (July 4th, soon, I know, but we wanted the fireworks.) And she immediately wanted to help plan it, "Lily and Posi insisted on decorating and setting it up, so you should probably talk to them about it." I smiled at her, she giggled with excitement just as we reached the car to drive back home.

By the time we got back home it was around 5:00pm, but still completely bright out, that's summer for you I guess. But when we got inside the house was basically silent, just the small chattering sounds of maids as well as Alex and Rose in their own room. I gripped the bag full of everything I got as I walked down to Michael and mine's bedroom, slowly opening the door to see Posi sitting on the edge of the bed scrolling on her phone and Michael soundly slept in almost the exact same position I had left him in. Posi looked up from her phone and smiled softly, standing from the bed and walking past me, "He was awake for a few hours and but he just went back to sleep." She said with a small laugh as she left and I closed the bedroom door behind her, looking back at Michael as he stirred in his sleep.

I sat in the same spot Posi did earlier and lightly shook him awake, to which he mumbled, "I'm trying to sleeep..." I could barley make out what he said from underneath the blanket but I got the gist, still, I uncovered him from the comforter and he shot his eyes open with an unimpressed glare. "You left.. You don't get to cuddle.." He brought the blanket over his head once again, I only pulled it back down, "I'm sorry my love, I just went out with Lia for a bit." He grumbled in response and brought his knees up to his chest, digging his face in the pillow. I noticed my shirt still in his arms and it made me laugh a small bit. "I got you some things." He poked his head up from the blanket the moment I said that, a confused look on his face.

"What kind of things..?" He looked me up and down, searching for proof that I even had anything for him. I held up the shopping bag and he uncovered himself, sitting up and reaching his arms out for me to give him the bag as he tilted his head. "Nope, you have to make a deal with me." I kept the bag away from his reach and he pouted at me, "But I don't feel good.." He mumbled in a sad tone, the same sad tone he always does when he's trying to get something, it's pretty funny to me. "Exactly, if you want the presents you have to take some medicine I got you." He glared at me and shook his head, "No. I'm fine, I don't need medicine for a dumb cold." He rolled his eyes at me, I gave a wry chuckle and stood up.

"Alright, I'll just return these then." I teased, knowing he always gives in when he thinks he's losing opportunity, it's only helpful every once and a while in situations like these. He huffed and looked around for a second before shrugging, "Okay, fine.." He held his hand out and I placed the medicine bottle in his hand, he examined it for a second, making a fake gagging expression when he saw it wasn't flavoured or anything. He poured the liquid medicine into a cup and I watched to make sure he actually got enough, before he downed it like a shot and tossed me back the closed bottle.

"There, not so hard." I smiled, tossing him the bag of things I got for him while I placed the medicine bottle inside the bathroom cupboard. When I came back his eyes had that familar light in them as he starred at the plush, and the minute I sat on the edge of the bed he jumped on me with a hug. "Thankyouthankyou!" He squealed, seemingly deciding that he would lay on my chest for now. I massaged his scalp with one of my hands and he leaned into my touch, practically purring like a cat from relaxation. His eyelids got heavy and he began to fall asleep again, he sleeps even more when he's sick, so I guess that basically means he'll be sleeping pretty much all day.

"Good boy." I whispered, he smiled and dug his face into my neck, I felt him kiss me once or twice before he fully fell asleep.

A/N: I'm sorry it's not edited very well! But I wanted to get a chapter out for you all! :) I'm thinking of doing a few more chapters before the wedding, if you guys have any ideas for some filler chapters that'd be amazing!