~49~ "Packing."

~POV: Michael~
I sat on the bed watching Noah pack, apparently Alex and Rose already sold the house so now we have to pack and move out by next week.

"That's surprisingly quick." I coughed, my throat still sore.

"Yeah, it's a long drive too, like at least a day to get there, so we're planning to leave in a few days, that alright?"

I nodded, "That's fine."

He crouched down in front of the bed, kissing me gently.

I kissed back, holding his face.

When he pulled away I didn't let go, I didn't really want to.

"I have to continue packing." He chuckled, holding my hand while I stared into his eyes.

"No..." I mumbled, standing up and laying my head on his chest.

He sighed quietly, "I'm not going to leave, okay? I won't leave you." He lifted my chin up, knowing why I didn't want him to let go.

I know I've gained a form of separation anxiety recently.

But I don't think you can blame me.

If I had just stayed in bed next to Noah, would I have been taken?

But I reluctantly let go, climbing back on the bed when I felt my phone buzz in my pocket.

I pulled it out to a random message from Posi.

Posi:

lily holding your cat:
*picture of Lily holding Pixie with a grin.*

Me:
let her know I'm not paying for a babysitting service (kind of cute tho ngl)

Posi:
pixie doesn't agree.
*zoomed in photo of Pixie's unpleased face*

Me:
my poor baby, tell her im sorry

Posi:
She doesn't forgive you

Me:
noooooooo

I put my phone away in my back pocket with a giggle, seeing Noah finish packing our stuff.

I stared at him, my smile fading, "I'm sorry..."

"For what baby?" He sat next to me on the bed, pulling me in for a side hug and kissing the top of my head.

"Being clingy... I'm just anxious." I nuzzled my head in the crook of his neck.

"Don't ever apologize for that darling... You have every right to be anxious... You're safe though."  

I climbed on his lap, staring into his eyes with my hands running through his hair.

"Your hair is so pretty..." I whispered, moving some of his bangs out of his eyes, showing their pretty blue colour.

He chuckled quietly, "Thank you darling."

"I'm tired..." I laid my head on his shoulder, closing my eyes.

"Okay baby... Let's go sleep." He kissed my shoulder, rubbing my back.

I smelled his cologne, he picked me up and laid me on my back on the bed and laid down beside me, letting me rest my head in the crook of his neck.

I closed my eyes, feeling safe enough to sleep while in his embrace.