~27~ "Are you there?"

~POV: Michael~
I sat on the bed, staring at my phone screen with Pixie in my lap as I began to chew my nails slightly.

I'm waiting anxiously for Noah to reply and tell me whether he's made it there safely or not.

"Goddd, why can't he just send a simple text." I fell back on the bed, causing Pixie to flinch from her once-sleeping state.

"Sorry Pix." I sat back up crossed legged and rubbed my eyes, feels like I haven't slept in days. Which isn't true, I slept like an hour and a half right before Noah left and that was only five hours ago.

Posi's out taking Maisie to the park, I didn't really feel like going.

I know Noah probably put guards all over the place, so either I somehow went blind in both eyes, or I'm just very oblivious to my surroundings. I'd place your bets on the second option.

My phone buzzed and I quickly fumbled to pick it up and check the bright screen, only to find it wasn't a notification from my messages.

"Screen time reports up by 43% in the last week."

Well, that's strangely depressing. I'm becoming more and more addicted to my phone, then again, what else is there to do but aimlessly scroll Instagram till something a little more exciting comes along?

Never mind, I didn't lay in bed just to get all philosophical and shit.

"Michael, I'm home." I looked up to see my bedroom door open a crack and Posi peering through it.

"Uncle!" The door opened all the way for Maisie to appear in Posi's arms, a wide grin all the way to her ears on her little face.

That was enough to make me smile a little, she always reminds me of my little sister. 

In a strange way, I always think I'll just end up missing Lizzy when I see Maisie, but somehow, it helps way more than I thought it could.

"Hey, May!" I kneel on the black carpet in my room and wait for Maisie to stumble her way over.

She's trying to learn how to walk now, I'd say she's doing pretty well.

"Good job!" I praise her once she's reached my embrace, and she immediately falls into my hug, resting her head on my jumper.

I looked up and saw Posi smiling back down, I've always admired how she basically dropped everything in her life and tried her best to take care of Maisie, even if she got pregnant by accident.

I especially remember that day when she came to work crying, her makeup was smudged way past where it was supposed to be. I asked her what was wrong and she spilled literally everything to me, about how she found out she was pregnant, and how her mother wanted her to put it up for adoption.

We talked through it and she realized she wanted to keep it, despite her mother getting absolutely pissed at her.

Actually, now that I think about it. What the hell did Posi do with her mother? She went to her house to grab Maisie and just left her mother there.

To be fair her mother was a bitch, so if she did just abandon her, I can't say I wouldn't do the same. Too bad my father died before I got the chance to leave him.

"Hey, Po?" I shook my head away from my thoughts and looked up.

"Mhm?" She locked her gaze with mine, that smile still painted onto her freckled face.

"What did you do with your mother? Last I heard about her she was still at your old house."

Her smile quickly dropped, before reforming as she came to sit beside me.

"Not quite sure, when I left with Maisie, I sort of vowed to myself to never let her control me as she used to." She sighed, staring down at her pleated skirt and watching as Maisie crawled her way over to her.

"Eh, I mean, the best way to get someone out of your life? Just leave them in a house they can't pay for." I laughed slightly, bringing my knees to my chest. I love when we have these talks on the floor of our bedrooms.

"Hey! That makes it sound like I'm some Disney villain!" She nudged my shoulder, picking Maisie up and making sure Maisie was comfortable before she fell asleep on her chest.

"Don't let her near your mothers, she might lock them in a house," I said, mocking a sort of Disney villain attitude.

We both laughed until our laughs faded into slight giggles when she looked back at the ground and said, "She's probably staying at one of her "Boyfriend's" houses'." 

I let out a slight sigh, staring back up at the ceiling.

"Let's watch a movie. Your pick." I turned my head to look at her, smiling and standing up.

She didn't respond for a moment, before smiling as well and taking the hand I offered to help her up.

"That sounds good." She held Maisie close and walked out the door to put her to bed.

I heard the sound of a buzz coming from my comforter, resulting in my slight glace over just to see what it was.

mafia dude (that i luv a little bit)
We're there, I promise to update to whenever I can. Love you♡

I smiled ever so slightly to myself, hearing Posi call for me from the TV room.

Me
Love you more ♡