~50~ "New start."

(WOOO! WE HIT CHAPTER 50 CHILDREN!! Thank you so much for all the lovely support<333 I hope you enjoy this chapter!)

(Also! Help for the idea for this chapter was by: XxMichaelxNoahxX, Go read their book btw! It's really amazing so far! <3)

(ANYWAYYYS, ENJOY :D)

~POV: Noah~
I sat in the back of the minivan we rented for the drive, we thought it would be easier than taking separate vehicles, you know, because of gas costs and safety, all that.

Michael fell asleep pretty much immediately once we began driving on the highway, he was laying across the seat with his head on my lap.

Lily and Posi were in the two seats in the middle row of the minivan, and Alex was driving with Rose in the passenger's seat beside her.

I scrolled on my phone as Lily and Posi talked amongst themselves, fighting like little children once and a while, until Posi got my attention.

"Hey Noah?" She looked back at me, I turned my phone off and looked up at her.

"Hm?" I tilted my head, feeling Michael toss and turn his head side to side on my lap, I assumed he was just trying to get comfortable though, a car isn't really the most comfortable place to sleep.

"Is Michael okay? I know like the doctor checked him out and said he was mostly healed, but other than that." Posi mumbled the last part of her sentence, looking to the side.

"He's clingy I suppose, Rose thinks he might have separation anxiety, which I could see. He also seems little flinchy too, I'm not sure." I shrugged, staring down at the brunette and suddenly seeing tears fall from his eyes and onto my jeans.

I shook him quickly, trying to wake him from whatever nightmare he's having and he jolts awake, sitting up and backing away to the other side of the backseat.

Posi and Lily immediately sat up, undoing their seat belts and climbing out of their seats, into the back.

Posi looked at her panicked friend and hugged him, rubbing his back as he nuzzled his face on her shoulder.

He continued to sob as Posi calmed his breathing as much as she could until she pulled away and tried to wipe his tears, unsuccessful.

I sat up and pulled him close to me, kissing the top of his head.

"You're okay... You're safe..." I repeated the words I've been saying a lot recently, knowing they calm him down.

His sobs turned to sniffles and he climbed onto my lap, hiding his face in the crook of my neck.

He soon fell back asleep, I could feel his now calm breathing against my neck.

Posi and Lily returned to their seats, "Damn, you calm him down quick dontcha?" Posi chuckled, pulling her phone out to check the time, I was able to read it too: 3:21pm.

"Practice." I mumbled softly, they might have still heard me though.

I Looked back out the window, checking every once and awhile to make sure Michael was still asleep before zoning out.

It was well past midnight once we reached the new house.

Michael was fast asleep still as thought.

"I feel bad waking him up." I groaned, opening the car door with the brunette still on my lap.

"Just carry him dumbass." Posi chuckled, hopping out of the car and almost falling from her asleep legs.

"I gotta bring bags in." I moved some hair out of the petite boy's face.