~93~ "Cat Cafe."

~POV: Noah~
"Oh my god, you're so adorable!" Michael cooed at the calico cat he was holding. The look of absolute joy on Michael's face as we sat in the far corner of the cat cafe was priceless, he was practically jumping up and down in excitement moment I told him we were going. "Are we cheating on Pixie right now?" I laughed, sipping down a cup of coffee, almost every cat was swarmed around Michael's feet, he's a magnet for them. "She's fine, she gets plenty of love." He rolled his eyes as a cat nuzzled their head in his neck. "Didn't you forget her in your apartment?" I crooked an eyebrow, taking a sip of my drink and leaning back in the chair a bit.

"Okay, 1, you took me to your place when I was asleep, I had no chance to grab her, also that could be counted as kidnapping. And 2, I thought I was only staying for like a night or two so I thought she'd be fine with the rats and I filled her water bowl before I left for work that night. She was probably happy to have the place to herself. Yes she was, yes she was!" He kissed the nose of the cat, holding her up to his face and nuzzling her forehead. "Can we adopt another cat?" He looked at me with a begging face, I shook my head with a laugh. "No more cats, I don't think Pixie would appreciate that."

"Awh, he's so mean." He pouted at the cat before finally putting her down, she only sat down in front of his feet as he took a sip of the matcha tea he got. "Yes, how mean of me." I rolled my eyes with a laugh, he picked at a piece of a lemon loaf with a smile, it's not very often I see him eating happily. "Are you happy?" I asked, titling my head and just admiring how he repositioned in his chair and nodded. "Thank you, it feels like it's been awhile since I've gone out and not worried about anything." I felt my soul ache just a bit, I hate that he doesn't feel safe when he goes out anymore, I hate that anyone feels that, scared to leave your home because people are fucking psychopaths.

"You shouldn't have to feel scared when you go out baby.." I mumbled, finishing off my coffee and noticing a small black kitten was pawing at my leg. "You've made a friend." He laughed, dodging my comment clearly. The black kitten suddenly climbed up my leg, I grabbed her so she wouldn't rip my pants and I held her above my head, crooking an eyebrow at her. "You're kinda cute." I smiled, she meowed in response, pawing at my face with her claws. "And a brat." I made an unimpressed expression, "Like someone else I know." I shot that same expression at Michael, he slowly sipped his coffee and avoided my gaze with a small laugh.

"Calling me cute?" He blew a kiss at me, I chuckled and placed the kitten down. "You know I am." I watched as Michael finished his food, he actually finished a plate of food, while we were out at a cafe no less. "Good boy." I smiled at him, he licked his lips of any excess icing and beamed right back. "Are you two finished?" A waitress walked up to us, a writing pad in hand, "Yep." I grabbed my wallet from my back pocket and handed her my card, Michael stared at the interaction with a tilted head. The waitress ran the card and handed it back to me, placing a receipt on the table. "Have a lovely day you two." She smiled and walked away.

"Okay, do you wanna get home or is there anywhere else you'd like to go?" I stood up and he followed, shaking his head. "You've spoiled me enough." He walks up to me and quickly pecks me on the lips, not really wanting to do anything any further since we knew people were looking and judging, like always. "Never enough. I'll always spoil you." I whispered before backing away from him before we walked out of the cafe, of course Michael had to say goodbye to the little calico cat first, but afterwards we could actually leave. "I love you. And thank you." He said once we reached the car and he hopped into the passenger's seat. I placed my hand on his thigh as I started the car, interlocking our fingers together as I held his hand. "I love you too, and anytime, you deserve to go out way more than you get too, promise I'll take you out on more dates okay?" I cupped his face and pressed my lips against his, staring into his eyes for a notable moment.

He kissed my forehead and pulled away, "Do you have to work when you get home?" He asked, leaning his head against the window and closing his eyes, I shook my head and then realized he wasn't looking. "Oh- No, I'm off for a day or two before the mission." I pressed down the gas pedal with my foot and began to drive us home. Michael almost fell asleep once or twice but the bumps in the rocky road we had to take to get back home woke him up every time, leaving him tired and slightly annoyed.

By the time I stopped the car in our driveway he was barley able to keep his eyes open, zoning out by staring at the garden through the window. I walked around to the other side and opened his door, he snapped out of his thoughts and immediately held his arms out for me. "You want to be carried?" I chuckled, ultimately just deciding to pick him up bridal style and let him fall asleep in my arms, probably easier than dealing with annoyed Michael.
I opened the door and set him down on the chair we had by the front door, seeing Posi, Rose and Lily were standing in the kitchen, staring over at us. "Is he okay?" Posi asked, looking behind me to check on the sleeping brunette. "Yeah, just asleep." I knelt down to take his shoes off for him, throwing them in the pile of shoes by the front door, I keep meaning to sort through that, it's kind of just a mess of everybody's shoes, no one really knows what's what.

"He's on new meds, he'll probably be tired for a few days while he settles into them." Rose spoke up as she munched on a piece of leftover pizza from a few nights ago. "He's always tired anyways, he's basically a cat." I cupped his face to see if he was gonna wake up or if I should carry him, he didn't wake up and only snuggled into my touch more. "He'll probably have some mood swings soon too, so have fun, just be patient." She said in more of a warning manner, I chuckled softly as I picked Michael back up, taking him down the hallway to our room where I placed him carefully on the bed.

And of course he woke up pretty much immediately when I placed him on the bed, "You'll sleep anywhere but a bed huh?" I laughed under my breath as he reoriented himself to see where he was, he simply held his arms back out, basically his way of commanding me to hug him. "I gotta get dressed." I went to stand up but he grabbed my arm and stared into my eyes with I swear the saddest goddamn look I've ever seen on his face, he looked like he was two seconds away from beginning to cry. I didn't want him to cry, so I knelt down and let him wrap his arms around me, his expression changed almost instantly into a smile. "Jesus, you're kind of scary with mood swings." I gave him an unimpressed look and he let me go, laying back down in bed and facing opposite of me. "You mad now?" I crooked an eyebrow, not bothering and just going to change as I knew he wouldn't be mad anymore within like ten minutes.

I took my button up off and looked back at Michael, he silently stared at me from under the comforter, his face just barley peeking out. I sighed with a chuckle and tossed him the shirt, to which he grabbed and nuzzled his face into it. "Weirdo." I mumbled, taking my pants off and throwing some sweatpants on instead. I plugged my phone in too charge before closing the bedroom curtains and crawling into bed beside Michael. He stayed away from me for a second before deciding to hide his face in the crook of my neck. "Thank you for everything.." He mumbled, kissing up my chest to my neck and biting down. "Sleep now, we have too get up early for a meeting about the mission." I kissed his head and he mumbled something incoherent, probably about how he doesn't want to get up so early.

"Where's my cat..?" He mumbled, sitting up, I pushed him back down. "Go to sleep, you'll find her in the morning." I grabbed his hand and interlocked our fingers to kiss his palm. Eventually he did give up and fall asleep, I could feel his clam breathing against my neck, it was comforting. Usually I stay up for a while just scrolling on my phone, but I decided to just go to bed roughly the same time Michael did, knowing the meeting was at like 7:30 the next morning. God, that's way too early..

A/N: I know Michael is pretty soft in this one but I was feeling sad, and when I'm sad I like to write soft and fluffy Michael LOL promise he gets some badass moments very soon!!!

Also I got a new drawing tablet and BRO I LUV IT SO MUCH, literally drawing Mikol rn can't wait to show y'all when it's finished<33 hope you enjoyed this chapter!