~79~ "Sister."

~POV: Noah~
I laid on the couch with Michael's head in between my legs, resting on my thigh as he was close to being completely asleep, just barley paying attention to the show playing on the TV. I played with his hair lightly, checking my phone every so often to see if my sister ever responded, but all I got was the same "Read: June 13th 2023" on the bottom of my text. God, she really does hate me...

"So pretty.." I whispered at Michael as I moved some of his bangs away from his face to get a good look at him, he smiled lightly, his eyes half-closed, begging to fall asleep. But just as he went to sleep, "NOAHHH!!!" Lily screamed out and walked into the living room. Michael jumped awake and stretched, I grumbled, "Jesus fucking Christ, what?" He probably wouldn't fall asleep again for a while now, his anxiety and slight PTSD makes it hard for him to get to sleep when he's interrupted.

"There's some girl at the door for you." She stood in the arch way to the living room and smiled at us, Michael turned to face the back couch cushion and brought his knees to his chest, I played with his hair once again, trying to calm his nerves. "You gotta stop screaming. And who is it?" I looked up at her with furrowed eyebrows, she rolled her eyes at me.

"I dunno, some girl who said she knew you, blonde kind of short hair, blue eyes." My eyes widened at the description and I pulled my phone out again, checking, but there had been no response, still just read. I lightly moved Michael off my lap and he whined in response, but I ignored it for once, I walked right past Lily and to the front door, opening it to see two piercing blue eyes staring right back at me, a smile on the person's face.

"Hi brother."

I leaped into her arms, pulling her in for a hug and feeling warm tears spill down my face as I dug my head into her shoulder, she still smelled like that rose perfume she always used when we were teenagers. "Why the fuck didn't you answer me!?" I cried into her shoulder, wiping my tears away before I pulled away from the hug and looked down at her.

"Sorry, I wanted to surprise you I guess." She grinned, placing her arms behind her back, "How could I resist to see my big brother getting married? Your fiancé's done the impossible." I looked her up and down, she looked a lot different now, but I could still recognize her at first sight. She had blonde hair cut into a wavy bob, and she was wearing jean shorts and a tank top.

"You look so different." I smiled, wiping away any last tears, I hate crying, but how could I not right now? She stepped inside and closed the door behind her, probably not wanting to get bugs inside or let out the air conditioner. "I hope you mean that in a good way. I feel bad asking but I don't have anywhere to stay, can I stay here until I can afford to go back home?"

"Stay as long as you want, nobody minds at all." I watched as she nodded and took her boots off, I noticed she was carrying a small suitcase, "I think the spare room is just down the hall but I kind of forget, let me take you." I lead her down the hallway to one of the spare rooms we have, she threw her suitcase on the bed and said she'd unpack later.

"Is your fiancé the woman I met at the door?" She said, closing the bedroom door and staring up at me with her hands crossed. "Oh- uh, no that's Lily, she's a friend of mine, my fiancé is a guy." Her eyes widened and she blinked a few times, before gaining composure. "My bad, just had no idea you were gay or bi." She chuckled a bit.

"He's in the living room I think," I pointed to the living room arch way door, my sister looked behind me and immediately ran past to the living room, I quickly followed her, trying to keep up but Jesus Christ she was fast.

When I finally caught up with her she was standing the arch way staring at Michael as he just barely slept, "Him?" She pointed at the sleeping man, I nodded at her, a tiny bit out of breath, her eyes lit up, "Can I meet him? Pleaseee." She begged as I looked back at Michael, deciding whether or not I should wake him up again, he'd be okay if I did it gently.