Chapter 7

This time we're all in. I took the back with T; packing a shotgun and two handguns hidden in my waistband, knives in their sheaths.

When we got there, they were expecting us and the doors opened. They've probably had eyes on us since we got within a block of this place.

Daryl shoved Miguel in first before following with a shotgun to the kid's back. I followed after T-Dog being the last one inside and the doors closed behind me.

We stopped inside where -I'm guessing- G was there to greet us.

"I see my guns, but they're not all in the bag"

"That's because they're not yours. I thought I mentioned that"

I trust Rick knows how to handle an interaction such as this better than the rest of us do. He was a cop.

I just hope he wasn't a rookie.

"Let's just shoot these fools right now, ese. Alright? Unload on their asses, ese"

I trained my raised shotgun on that guy. He's one of the two who nabbed my pizza kid. If this is gonna get ugly, he's going down first. That's a promise.

"I don't think you fully appreciate the gravity of the situation."

"No, I'm pretty clear." Rick lowered his shotgun and took out a knife.

He cut the kid's bindings, shoving him forward to his people.

"You have your man. I want mine."

"I'm gonna chop up your boy. I'm gonna feed him to my dogs. Three of the evilest, nastiest, man-eating bitches you ever saw. I picked 'em up from Satan at a yard sale."

I don't hear any dogs. Either this place is bigger than I thought, or that's the worst bluff I've ever heard. What sort of gangsters are these guys?

"I told you how it has to be are you woefully deaf?"

"No my hearin's fine. You said come locked and loaded"

Rick cocked his gun and the rest of the room followed suit in less than a second.

I trained my sight on a set of boys I believe will be our biggest problem, should this turn into a firefight. The fastest reacting.

"Okay then, we're here."

Scanning over the room, I pinpointed all the places they're likely to take cover, and where we will. I'll have to drag Rick out. I glanced at Daryl and tapped my foot heel-to-toe, making two clacks.

He looked at me out of the corner of his eye and I glanced at T-Dog before eyeing the beam and stack of barrels on his other side. Following my train of thought, he nodded and I returned my eyes to Rick, waiting for the split second I'll have to grab him and get down before we both end up as swiss cheese.

"Felipe. Felipe."

An old woman came out behind G.

"Abuela, go back with the others— now"

"Get that old lady outta the line a fire." Daryl warned

"Abuela, listen to your mijo, okay?" G half turned, looking over his shoulder. "This is not the place for you right now"

"Mr. Gilbert, is having trouble breathing. He- he needs his asthma stuff. Carlito didn't find it. He needs his medicine."

G looked back at Rick, and back at his people several times. "Felipe go take care of it okay? And take your grandmother with you."