Chapter 141

Daryl followed me out but as I detoured up the stairs, grabbing the rail and taking the steps two at a time, he continued to the living room. Probably to get his share of breakfast, I haven't seen him eat yet.

I searched the rooms until I found a pen that actually works and a notebook that's a pretty handy size. Maybe a little on the big side, but it'll make a great list maker.

I went back to the room we've got our boxes stacked and sat down in front of them. I need to organize this so the list is easy to

I'll start with the smaller boxes and work my way up, but I think I should separate them into lists of what we have, and what we should have and anything that isn't on the 'have' goes on the "shopping" list.

Yeah, that sounds good.

I dropped the pen and notebook next to me and started opening the cardboard boxes first. We should get rid of these asap and replace them with better bins — heavy plastic and resistant to different kinds of damage, especially water. That's one thing that shouldn't be too hard to find actually. Most stores that sell cheap furniture should have stuff like that. I know a couple right off the top of my head that should.

	Some of these lists are longer than I thought they'd be, and others aren't long enough

Thankfully the shopping list isn't too long, our utilitarian supply list is lengthy and most of our gear is in good condition. It's the food list that's the problem.

I knew it would be but I was dreading to see the actual list and I was right to.

If we don't find food that doesn't spoil and will last a while, we're gonna be in deep trouble.

We've got enough to last all of us another 4 days but after that we're officially fasting.

I sighed and put the lid back on the box. Grabbing the notepad next to me and set in on my knee and scribbled down the last of the food inventory.

We should avoid grabbing things that can't make more than 2 meals from now on, unless we're gonna eat it right away or it can be kept for a long time.

We should look for things like rice, canned beans, pasta. Powdered mashed potatoes and soup bases and whatnot. Stuff that's filling and keeps, and makes enough that we can feed everyone for a whole day.

We can space it out so that we're only eating 1 meal a day and having small snacks throughout the rest.

We should eat the meal when it's least likely we'll have to run, or when we have adequate time to digest it for energy before. So breakfast or dinner.

"Ey," A hand dropped on my shoulder and I jumped higher than a cat.

Daryl jerked his hand back like he grabbed a hot pan at the same time I grabbed my shoulder like something bit me.