Chapter 66

Hey guys, how r u all doin? I hope better  than me rn.

I have a confession to make.

The last couple weeks, I feel like I've been trudging. Like this story has been dragging on, and to be 100% percent honest with you guys, I feel like I've been grating my forehead against a cheese grater.

I'd rather not give up on this just yet, and if I can find a way to keep it going, I will try my damnedest to see this through to the bitter end.

The point of me telling you this, is to give you a heads up, so it doesn't just come flying outta left field. I am going to experiment a little, take some creative freedoms.

Not everything I try will work, I'm well aware that this could go sideways real fast. But hey if we don't explore, we will never find anything. 

So I'm apologizing in advance for any cringe, OOC, or if the pacing gets weird, or any other stupid shit that should never have seen the light of day.

Now that I've cleared that up.

Story time!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eve's POV

I watched Glenn flinch as I slammed the door shut.

All of them made their way back into the vehicle. Rick and Hershel with the faces of moody children.

While Glenn seems truly guilty, climbing in and spending the next 20 minutes of the car ride glancing at the kid between us.

He helped me bind my shoulder until we get back and Hershel can stitch it. Lord am I not looking forward to that.

-

I grimaced at the kid beside me, catching Glenn's sight as he looked up from the stranger as well.

He's been out way longer than intended. I really didn't think I hit him so hard but I'm starting to worry his head is softer than it looks...

I chewed on my lip, and pushed two fillanges against his neck.

My gut rolled over itself until the skin pounded underneath my tense fingertips.

I let loose a stunted breath in relief; scrubbing my hand over my neck.

He's alive at least.

"He could wake up soon. We can't have him seein' where we're headed." Rick broke the silence.

"What do you suggest?" Glenn leaned forward a bit, looking between Hershel and Rick in the front seats.

"We could blindfold him." Hershel suggested, glancing into the backseat.

With what? I mean, I guess we could use my belt, or that dirty rag by Glenn—...

I looked down, raising my shirt, searching my waist for the broad holed black belt that's supposed to be securing my pants, but it wasn't there.

Where the... Oh, you have got to be kidding me.

My hand came to my forehead, resting on the ridges of my brows; shadowing my closed eyes.

You have got to be kidding me.

Of all the places— all the ways to lose something and of course, I leave my belt on a dumpster in the center of a walker-ridden town in the dead of night (pun not intended).