Chapter 184

Phew, one of the longer chapters I've ever written. Enjoy!

Warning: F bomb inbound.

Eve went to find Daryl, but it seemed he had already calmed down

Eve went to find Daryl, but it seemed he had already calmed down. She raised her eyebrow but said nothing about it. Unaware that Daryl had heard her talking to Glenn just now. He felt a little bad that she is always playing peacekeeper, but it made his heart warm that she has his back even with this.

He wouldn't blame her for being at Merle too, but honestly, he was a little afraid that she would have a problem with Merle being here too. He hadn't thought it through when he came back with Merle, he was gonna stay in the area just like he and Eve had planned but they showed up in the middle of that fight so that flew out the window.

He's had the same conversation with everybody here about his brother stayin' with them at least twice, everybody except Eve. He hadn't asked what she thought though. It's been a whirlwind and part of him didn't want to ask, afraid of the answer.

He was relieved now though, because now he knows where she stands. He still wants to know how she personally feels about it but that can wait until she's got less things on her mind.

Gone no more than a day in total and he can see the stress on her face, in her eyes and shoulders, and the way she keeps sighing — or looking like she wants to. It's a lot of pressure.

So you really can't blame him for pulling her into a hug as soon as she came up to look for him.

Eve was oblivious to why he hugged her out of the blue but assumed it was just because he needed it. She returned the hug, silently grateful that she didn't have to talk him down.

Since when did his temper become so easy to deal with? I remember when it used to take half a day, some time alone, and a good threat to make him cool off.

It was a great comfort having someone to support you and tackle problems together even if you add to each other's on occasion; Eve could be reckless, and Daryl has a temper but they work.

She leaned back to see his face but neither moved their hands from the other's waist and shoulders.

Before she even asked Daryl gave her a chaste kiss and said, "I'm good."

Eve observed him for a beat before nodding and glanced over the railing. "We need to talk to Merle."

"About the Governor and the town's set up?" Daryl guessed and Eve nodded.

Daryl was planning to bring it up since he'd been thinking about it, but Eve beat him to it.

Thus, Eve and Daryl went to talk to Merle, just as Hershel was leaving. It seems he came to talk to Merle and judging by the slight smile and the pleased creases near his eyes, it wasn't a bad conversation.