Chapter 123

Just a little warning before you start, this chp is longer than normal, but has less editing. So srry in advance for any mistakes and if it's a little rougher on the reading.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3rd Person POV

Daryl jolted awake as a sharp pain exploded in his arm. His mind immediately racing to the assumption that something bit him and his hand flew towards the source, intending to rip it away but he stopped the moment he got hold of it.

Even in the pitch black darkness Daryl knew exactly who's wrist he grabbed. His mind struggled to catch up as he blinked, trying to see through the dark but he only got the basic outline of the woman next to him before a sound made him freeze.

It was soft and barely noticeable — he wouldn't have if it wasn't so quiet, but it sounded like a whimper.

He didn't need to listen much more carefully to hear the rapid uneven breaths beside him.

He flinched as stinging shot up his arm when her nails dug farther into his bicep. Daryl growled under his breath, pulling on her wrist to try and pry her off of him.

It wasn't easy to get her hand off, she had a death grip to end all grips on him but as soon as he hand snapped off she mumbled something that sounded eerily like "Don't let go"

He grabbed her shoulders and tried shaking her, his voice rough with sleep as he muttered, "Eve, Eve. Wake up"

He's seen her have nightmares before. Heard her scream herself awake

Without warning, Eve shot up gasping like she was being waterboarded.

Her eyes flew all over the room before they fixed on Daryl and he actually jolted, reflexively grabbing her knee when her leg almost came flying at him.

"It's me" Daryl growled but it had the opposite of the desired effect.

Eve started hyperventilating and instead of grabbing Daryl's arm, she twisted hers out — alarmingly easy — and grabbed at her chest.

Daryl's jaw sprung into pain as he clenched his teeth and all but scrambled for the lighter he knows is around here somewhere, but his frantic search stopped as soon as she stopped trying to pull her arm away.

Eve struggled to force air into her lungs and barely recognized the warm thing that she dug her nails into was flesh as her eyes shot around in the darkness.

Sweat clung all over her skin, making the dark room feel cold as a high mountain cave, yet she felt like her skeleton was boiling her from the inside.

Neither of the two noticed the confused shuffling on the other side of Eve until a sudden bright blue-ish light flicked on and a worried, confused, slightly panicking little voice spoke, "Wh— what's going?"

Carl aimed the small flashlight at the two others who were awake and

But their voices fell on deaf ears. Eve didn't register anything except the last 3 seconds of the nightmare that sent her into a panic attack the moment her eyes had snapped open and the rush of flashes that are trying to strangle her with her own throat.

"Breathe, Eve" Daryl gave up on trying to control what's happening and just grit his teeth, grasping Eve's arm back, firmly but not enough to hurt her like she is him.

The haze of sleep completely cleared from Carl's mind as he watched — confused and terrified of what's happening. His hands shaky and sweating clung to the flashlight, trying not to aim it at their faces and instead let it shine closer to their stomachs.