Chapter 188

I'm sorry guys, this was supposed to be so much longer but I had a really bad day today so this is all I've got.

On the bright side, check out this badass fanart sent to me by LunarRoseThornFox!

Also, I've changed the way my shoutouts work, so now I'll be doing a list of my patrons, and one shout out per Ko-Fi I get, kind of like "sponsers" for the nxt chp vs investors in me as an author

And last but not least, I finally fixed my line-break images!! Just in time for it to not really matter. lol

As soon as they got back, there was no time to rest

As soon as they got back, there was no time to rest. Given how angry the Governor will be after today's loss, they won't be caught sleeping again. Eve wasn't alone in her expectation that he will attack the second he's able to.

Attacking at dark was a possibility, so nobody was in much of a state to sleep and as the sun went down, casting darkness over the tension, many of them found themselves checking their weapons and packing up their stuff, doing anything to keep their hands and minds busy. Few were able to simply sit and wait out the night in anxious silence.

However, with so many of them doing things at a surprisingly efficient pace, only a couple hours had passed before everything had been packed up and all their defenses had been checked thrice over. There was nothing left to do except keep watch and wait.

The calm before the storm is undoubtedly the worst part of anything.

Even Eve found herself shuffling her hands and trying to pop her knuckles over and over, and Judith — being sensitive to the atmosphere — would not stop crying and was being passed around like a hot potato, clutching tightly to whoever had her and sending her pacifier sailing to the ground twice a minute.

Unexpectedly Eve left the room and came back, shuffling a pack of cards and several people perked up.

"Blackjack?" Daryl asked, already clearing his crossbow stuff off the table.

Eve shook her head and dropped the cards on the table before making a reeling gesture with her hand.

Daryl deadpanned. "I ain't playin' Go Fish."