Chapter 176

Merle has to hand it to that girl. She knows how to make a threat; and he doesn't doubt she could make good on it.

It's a little unsettling odd that she bothered to threaten him. But that could have a little somethin' to do with the way she and his baby brother were lockin' lips in their own little world over there.

"Since when did you like that, huh? Was the winter that cold?" Merle's obnoxious laughter grated on Daryl's eardrum and he walked faster.

"Ey!" Merle caught up, "You can't be serious — Is that really your type?"

"What of it?" The branches snapped under Daryl's boots as he stomped through the forest.

"What's gotten into you, boy!?" Merle shouted at his back.

Daryl kept ahead of him, subconsciously trying to escape. As if you'd ever be able to escape Merle Dixon so easily.

"Hey! Hey!" Merle chased after him, almost cackling. "You gotta be kidding me. You can't actually like that woman."

Daryl wanted to whirl around and smack that annoying grin right off his face.

"Are you out of your damn mind, boy?"

"Just leave it, will ya. It's gonna be dark soon." Daryl attempted to change the topic because if Merle keeps going like this, he will lose his temper.

Only reason he hasn't is because Merle hasn't realized that Daryl's been leading them back towards the prison. At this rate, they won't be able to make it before sunrise, but they should be able to at least get in the area before dark.

He isn't even sure how he's gonna sneak away from Merle to meet up with Eve yet.

Carol and Carl slid the gates open and let the two cars in, closing it right behind them as they parked inside

Rick hopped out, telling Maggie to drive them up and hugged his son while they drove up. He'll break the news to Carol, seeing as how Eve's in no state to.

She woke up just a few minutes before they arrived back but she hasn't said a word.

The stop woke Glenn up just as Maggie climbed over the center into the driver seat and moved the car forward again, to the upper yard where the vehicles parked back in their original spots.

While everyone else got out, Eve remained seated. Her eyes didn't move from the window even though she was just staring at the building now, she wasn't looking at something tangible in the first place so they remained stuck on the single spot on the window.

They all wisely let her be, even as Carol, Carl, and Rick came up. Only Carl noticed that she was still sitting in the car.

Hershel came outside along with Beth to meet Maggie and soon everyone except Hershel, Rick and Eve went inside.