Chapter 92

Randall threw himself backwards as the roamer nearly tackled him. His entire leg burned and zinged as he barely flailed them out of the way before the dead guy got to sink its teeth into his ankle.

Haphazardly rolling through the leaves, Randall tried to get away from it but it was determined to go after his leg and followed on the forest floor as he tried to crawl away, snapping and growling loudly as if that would somehow make Randall move slower or even go towards it; the exact opposite of what actually happens.

"Ah!" Randall shouted as it got hold of his leg and kicked his foot blindly trying anything to shake it off.

The knife in his hand was almost completely forgotten until it tinged against a bloody rock as his forearm hit the crunchy leaves for the umteenth time.

Randall's face hit the dirt when his foot was suddenly released and he flipped over, harsh pants coming to a stop when he saw the roamer crawling for her.

"No!" He shot forward, his leg swinging underneath him as he tackled the back of the walker, pushing it's face into the dirt right beside her arm.

He wrestled it's head against the ground before being able to jab the knife into the top of it's skull. It thrashed and a whiny shriek that put horror movies to shame pierced the air, hardly muffled by the dirt as it pushed back, trying to lift its head. He stabbed it again, and again, and again before it finally stopped moving, blood gushing over Randall's hand, the blade, and the woman's leather sleeve, spilling down over her wrist as well.

Randall scrambled off the walker, eyes flying even faster than before. All of a sudden he feels very exposed. His movements jerky while he crawled around the body.

His hands hovered around the woman's bleeding head, not knowing what to do but in movies and stuff they bind it up right? To stop the bleeding, yeah?

He looked around before crawling to the roamer's side. It was difficult to flip the body and get its belt off but he managed even if it hurt his leg a bit and caused some — louder than he'd like — grunts.

Sweat beaded down his temple when he finally got it off and managed to tear some of its shirt before crawling back over to the woman.

"I'm real sorry 'bout this." Randall apologized before lifting her head. He grimaced, trying to be careful. He doesn't know if she can feel it or not — most likely not — but still.

He moved some of the sticky blood-clotted dark strands off her forehead and tried to focus on two different things at once as he wrapped it around her head and kept his eyes on the woods around them.

"Maybe I should go get that ol' man. He patched me up he could—" Randall looked up and a chill ran down his spine.

Wait... which way did they come from?

She came from that way but he walked off in another direction and—and he's sure that dude didn't bring him from the same way.

"Ah no. No, no no." Randall grabbed at his hair, pulling harshly on his scalp as he looked around. "This can't be happening."

-

"Rick! Rick!" Shane came out of the trees, shouting.

"What happened!?" Lori shouted as everyone swarming the shed turned.

"He's armed! He's got my gun!"

"Are you okay?" Carl shouted in worry, looking at the blood pouring down Shane's face from his nose.

"I'm fine — little bastard just snuck up on me, clocked me in the face." he stalked towards everyone.

"Alright Hershel, T-Dog!" Rick raised his voice, swinging around. "Get everybody back in the house!"