Chapter 162

Happy belated Valentine's day you fantastic fishes you! I thought an extra fluffy chp and some sweet gooey moments were in order (and long overdue lol)

The 6 walkers weren't that easy to get through but with a little creative footwork, a few well placed leg kicks and our priorities in the right place, they went down easily enough

The 6 walkers weren't that easy to get through but with a little creative footwork, a few well placed leg kicks and our priorities in the right place, they went down easily enough. And it was just as tiring as it always is and I staggered a little on the uneven ground but T-Dog covered me and got the last one.

I panted, leaning over on my knees trying to catch my breath.

I should be sweating but I'm too dehydrated. My head is pounding though, and I feel like I'm gonna pass out.

I glanced at T-Dog mirroring my position and he looks just as bad, maybe worse.

The dark circles under his eyes make it look like his eyeballs are retreating into his head and it doesn't take a genius to figure he probably didn't sleep more than a few winks last night.

At least 1 night without sleep won't kill you outright. If he'd been on his own any longer he may have not made it to be honest. Sleep deprivation is a dangerous thing, especially when you literally have to run for your life.

I grabbed T's elbow, helping him straighten up and get moving.

I know he's tired but we have to go, before those other walkers notice us.

T-Dog didn't complain as I dragged him out and followed me along the outside of the fence, both of us keeping low and edging along trying not to move in any super noticeable way.

We could just leg it but that's reckless right now and will attract a lot of attention as well as burn energy we don't have to waste.

We're both exhausted, dehydrated, and starving. And judging by how many aches and pains I've got, I can only guess as to how many he's got.

It didn't take us more than 10 minutes to wind our way around, avoiding and killing a few walkers along the way. There's way more walkers on this side of the prison than there is on our side but there's no way they all just wandered in yesterday. Most of them had to have been here already, and I'm guessing they're the reason the tombs seem to have an endless flood of them just roaming around inside. No wonder the prisoners couldn't get out. We're experienced as Hell and even we barely got out of there.

Halfway back to the opening in the outer fence that we're gonna have to go through since the gate is locked, I looked into the yard trying to spot anyone in the guard tower but I barely even looked because a figure moving in the field caught my attention.

My heart dropped as I grabbed the chainlink, desperately trying to look closer from this distance.

It can't be. Please no—