Chapter 158

"Move the cars to the upper yard." Rick instructed as he tossed Glenn the gate keys and pizza boy began to jog ahead of us. "Point 'em facing out. They'll be out of the way but ready to go if we ever need to bail."

"We'll give the prisoners a week's worth of supplies for the road." Rick glanced at me and T-Dog.

He's trying to appease us for overruling us but T-Dog passively shot back, "Might not last a week."

"It's their choice."

Is it though?

"Did they really have one?" Oof nice T.

"Hey." Rick stopped us both.

"Whose blood would you rather have on your hands, Maggie's, Glenn's, or theirs?"

Right now? Yours.

"Neither." T-Dog answered. He's much more morally upright than me. Someone's gotta be.

"Eve, Daryl, Glenn come with me outside to collect firewood. Maggie, Carol, and T, your on the cars."

Nope. Don't talk to me. I'm salty.

You lost the privilege to tell me what to do when you ignored my contribution to the conversation. Now suffer my silence, ya troll grubbing barnacle brain.

I walked away, giving Rick the cold shoulder. If he's not gonna listen to me, I'm sure as dragon turds not gonna listen to him.

I didn't get 20 feet before I heard Glenn let out a low "Oooohohoho... she is not happy. Daryl, you wanna...?"

"Hell nah. I ain't riskin' my skin cause Rick pissed her off. You want 'er to come with, go apologize and get 'er yourself."

I couldn't help a little smirk as I yanked my truck door open and climbed in.

I started the truck up and drove it up to the top gate, where Maggie finished unlocking it and dragged the fence open.

Carol and T-Dog came up behind me in the other 2 cars, and Daryl drove his bike up next to me leaving just one for Maggie to run down and bring up while I proved my backwards driving skills and positioned the truck while Rick and Glenn ran inside and came back out a few minutes later with a small crate of promised provisions for the prisoners.

Daryl parked his bike right next to my truck and the 3 of them went back down to the entry gate, and headed through it to the gravel path we came in, all the way back to the hole in the fence we made.

I sighed, staring at the steering wheel. The cool leather under my hands.

Maybe I was too quick to get mad before.

I just...

Another sigh slipped out of my mouth as I leaned forward, my forehead hitting the top of the steering wheel.

This whole situation is so similar to what happened with Randall and we lost so much for that mistake.

I gripped the wheel until my hands started to ache.

I don't want it to happen again.

I grabbed the door handle and kicked my door open.

My boots hit the asphalt and I slammed the door shut. And I watched Lori, Carl, Beth, and Hershel come outside.

A smile bigger than a New Year's party at times square split my face.

Those crutches make a fine accessory Hershel.